Chapter 22

The three of them looked over to the door. Gray offered Zach his hand while he played with the sides of his jeans. He looked down to Gray's hand. Marlo looked down and grabbed hold of Gray's hand tightly, not caring about the eye roll Zach gave her before he rested his forehead against her back, wrapping his arms around her waist. Marlo gulped, hoping that when he pulled his head away that there wouldn't be blood on his forehead.

She also hoped that the Raptors didn't smell all the blood from her back while she was in the Paddock with Owen. That would only cause a big problem if something was to happen and Owen lost control of the four girls. Now wasn't the time for Marlo to be worrying, well, it was. But she knew that Owen had it all under control. Owen always has everything under control.

Claire walked around the side of the jeep. She took off her shirt, leaving her in just her grey tank top. She opened the side of the jeep and got into the driver's side. When the doors closed the three kids could hear the Raptors let out a roar. Each of them looked up and towards the back doors.

"Um..." Gray mumbled. "Nothing's getting in here, right?" Marlo squeezed his hand. Zach moved his head to look at Gray, hearing the worry in his voice. Gray looked over towards the sound of the Raptors while Zach stared at him.

"Hey." Zach got Gray's attention. Marlo could hear that in Zach's tone, he wasn't going to upset Gray, unlike the monorail ride. "Do you remember that ghost at the old house? Remember, the one in the garage? I protected you, right?" Marlo smiled to herself as Gray looked down at their hands.

"You made a battle axe out of a ruler and a paper plate." Gray looked back up to Zach. Zach smiled at him.

"Yeah." He looked down to the ground, his smile spreading just a bit wider. "See, nothing is gonna get you while I'm around, okay?" Zach moved his left arm from around Marlo's waist and placed it on Gray's back. Marlo thought that it was sweet that Zach had done that for Gray. Owen used to do things like that for Marlo when she was younger and he would leave for the Navy. Marlo frowned slightly, Owen still did things like that. But she wasn't sure for how much longer she would have him.

She was terrified of what was yet to come.

"But you're not always gonna be around." Gray looked back up to him. Marlo's heart broke at the sound of his voice.

"Yeah, well..." Zach started. "Hey..." He looked at Gray. "We're brothers, okay? We'll always be brothers, and we'll always come back to one another." Marlo gulped while Zach paused. "No matter what."

"No matter what?" Gray asked for reassurance.

"No matter what." Zach nodded. He brought his forehead to rest on Gray's head, his arm bringing his closer.

-

Owen opened up the rag in his hand, the chunk that the Indominous Rex had clawed out, along with the tracking devise was inside, he lifted it up to the caged doors where the Raptors were being kept. He could hear the snorting and sniffing of each of them as he let them catch the scent. He lifted the clicker up and moved along to the next as the Raptor began to grow restless after picking the scent. He moved to the other Raptor door and lifted it up, holding the clicker in his hand.

In the control room, Lowery watched through the security camera, as Owen lifted the rag up. Hoskins leaned down, his hand on Lowery's shoulder, watching the screen as well. Lowery looked from his hand to his face, just like he did before as Hoskins nodded and grinned at the screen. "Awesome."

-

Claire started up the large jeep, the fog lights and headlights up the front flicked on. Barry was in front on a quad-bike and Owen was up front on his motorbike, Owen glanced back at Barry who gave him and nod. Owen looked back to the front as he looked up to Leon, who nodded back