Chapter 30

Marlo stilled before she closed her eyes and kissed back.

     His lips were soft and warm against hers that were cold and cut. If she was being truthful this was her first kiss, and she really had no idea what she was doing, but she honestly hoped for the best and prayed it wasn't bad.

     His hand on her cheek brushed down her chin to her neck down her arm to her lower waist while his other arm was on her upper back pulling her body closer to his. Marlo's arms were trapped between them until she managed to pull them up and wrap them around his neck, her left hand went back to his hair while her right was locked around his neck as she stood on her tip toes.

     Sounds drowned out around them.

     This is what Zach had been waiting for since he met her.

     Given it was just a lustful need back then because he thought she was pretty, even with the scars, but now it was something much more than that.

     He got to know her and that lustful need grew until it physically pained him not to be near her or to be able to touch her. His other girlfriends were nothing compared to Marlo, he actually felt something.

     He was able to be himself around her, he was able to feel comfortable, he was able to open up to her.

     Right now, in this very moment, he couldn't comprehend that he was physically touching the girl he was fawning over or the fact that he was kissing her and she was kissing him back.

     His heart hadn't stopped fluttering since she told him she liked him back.

     This is what Marlo never thought would happen.

     Much like Zach, she thought he was attractive but too closed off, like she was, to even be able to hold up a conversation without glancing at his bloody phone which was now smashed in a gyrosphere.

     But over time she began to notice small changes about him that made her feel different. He was warm and she was cold, polar opposites from one another, at least that's what she thought.

     But they were the same, they just showed it differently.

     She wasn't sure when it happened but something inside her made her want him, not sexually want him but just wanted him with her.

     She was most definitely shocked when he kissed her, talk about a surprising first kiss. Sure it felt weird, it felt new, but she liked it because it was with him.

     Zach tightened his grip around her waist ever so slightly making her arch her back towards him and her body fitting against his, he tried suppressing a moan but he was honestly too into the moment to give a damn.

     The vibrations from his mouth made Marlo smile. However, it wasn't long before two muscular arms wedged their way in between the two of them pulling them apart.

     "What part of 'it better be just talking' didn't you two understand? You little missy are...Banned from kissing boys. You aren't allowed to date until you're married! But you-"

     He pointed his finger from his little sister to Zach who was smiling at Marlo with swollen lips.

     "Were enjoying yourself far too much, you de-flowed my baby sister! Never make that sound again, especially with her."

     Marlo rolled her eyes at her brother and she looked to Zach, who wasn't phased by Owen at all while staring at her, and noticed his lips before touching hers. A blush made its way to her cheeks as she bit her bottom lip and looked down to her muddy boots.

     "Are you even listening to me? Zach? Zach!" He groaned in annoyance before stepping away.

     Zach was suddenly brought back to realization when he remembered Owens words, he 'de-flowered' you. Zach was about to respond to him by saying that wasn't what deflowering meant but it came out differently.

     "I was your first kiss? What? But you're you? How?" Zach furrowed his eyebrows at Marlo and noticed her red cheeks and his voice softened, "I was your first kiss..." He smiled to himself. "Better me than a creep right?" He turned to Owen who was glaring at him but realized he had a point.

     "Did you just say I wasn't allowed to date until I was married?" Marlo now looked up at her brother confused. "Owen, what does that even mean? That's adultery, you do realize that right?" Owen opened his mouth a couple of time unsure how to react to her and placed his hands on his hips.

     "Yeah, no dating until marriage with a boy I set you up with. A nice respectable young man with a good career. Not that I think you are my property and that I decide what you do in your future but-"

     He sighed to himself.

     "What I'm trying to say is-"

     He closed his eyes.

     "What I mean is-"

     He opened his eyes and glared at Zach.

     "Calm yourself around my baby sister, keep your hands up on her body at all times. No noises, like ever, especially when I'm around." He nodded to himself as Claire pulled him away from them.

     Claire looked at Owen, with red bloodshot eyes. "So, what do we do now?"

     "Probably stick together. For survival," Owen responded, looking over at Marlo and Zach before moving away a bit to give them some space. Claire smiled to herself and followed behind him.

     "So, what I gathered from that is he gave me his blessing to marry you so we can keep kissing," Zach said as he looked over to Marlo. "But for now he says it's cool for us to just date?" Zach was confused, to say the least.

-

     At the helicopter pad, the Tyrannosaurus Rex stood in the middle. Her rough skin was covered in scarred claw marks and dried blood as she looked out over the remainders of the park before she let out an shattering roar, finally free.

-

     Marlo didn't know what Owen was talking about either so she shrugged her shoulders and smiled at him. Zach looked back at Owen's retreating figure and turned back to Marlo.

     "He's not around." He smirked down at Marlo and stepped towards her. "I'll be calm, I'll keep my hands where you want them," his voice quietened at he leaned down to her.

     "I don't care where they are, as long as your lips are on mine," Marlo mumbled before she pressed her lips back to Zach's and her eyes fluttered shut.