Chapter 15

They pushed their feet against the ground in a hope to outrun the strange hybrid chasing after them, Marlo refused to look back again as she knew it would only slow her down or cause her to fall. Zach, however, turned his head to his younger brother who was trailing behind the older two and latched his hand onto Gray to pull him forward, the three had reached the edge of the ground and had come to a large pool of water below them with the waterfall gushing clear water below.

     Zach was on the left of Gray and Marlo was on his right.

     They turned back around and see it roaring again.

     "We're gonna have to jump!" Zach yelled over the loud crashing of water.

     He looked from Marlo who had nodded her head looking behind her slightly, noticing the Indominous Rex gaining up on them. Marlo was all for jumping but when she turned back to the brothers she noticed how Gray thought differently.

     "I can't." He was terrified. If the water wasn't as loud as it was then she was pretty sure she would have heard his heart hammering out from his chest in fear. His face paled slightly as he shook his head at his brother.

     "Gray, listen to me. If we don't jump we will die, if we do jump then there is a chance that we will live. I don't know about you but I sure as hell want to live, now is not the time to let your fears take over and stop you from living your life. Even if that life is cut short. So goddamn it you will jump even if I have to push you!" Gray seemed startled by Marlo but nodded his head anyway, he still wasn't confident to jump and held onto her hand.

     "Are you ready? Okay, one, two-" Zach started but Marlo had jumped off with Gray who had a tight hold on his brother which resorted in Zach jumping too, and because he was just heavier than Marlo he went down quicker.

     The Indominous Rex had caught up by now and opened its jaws as wide as it could before snapping them shut as it tried to grab one if not all of the children. Its teeth had grazed somewhat deeply against the back of Marlo as she was the closest to the Indominous Rex, she had taken in a large amount of air before plummeting down into the cold water.

     She felt it.

     The Indominous Rex looked over the edge of the water, trying to find the children, the loud crashing of the waterfall made it harder to hear. Surrounding Marlo was a weak colour of red as the water diluted the blood coming from her back, she tried not to wince as she held her breath in order to survive.

     She knew that at some point it was going to bite her in the ass but she hoped it was only a small cut but feared that it would open even more. Zach and Gray hadn't taken notice as the bubbles surrounded them like a cloud.

     Gray wanted to swim back up to the surface but Zach grabbed hold of him and shook his head, holding a finger out to tell him it would be just a little bit longer. The Indominous Rex continued to peer down, it stood up more and let out a loud roar, turning away and leaving the waterfall.

     Gray waited a couple of seconds before pushing his way up to the surface himself, Zach dragging himself along with him. They both looked up at the top of the waterfall before Zach looked around. "Marlo!" He yelled justly loudly enough for them to hear. Marlo had broke the skin of the water and was now able to breathe again.

     She looked back up to the cliff and noticed it was empty, her back was beginning to feel a slight stinging sensation but ignored it as she swam to the side, following Zach and Gray to a little muddy pool to the side of the water. Zach had pulled Gray up higher onto the ground and smiled at him proudly.

     "You jumped!" Zach had pulled Gray into a hug as Gray let out a shaky laugh, nodding. Marlo was quick to take her black jumper tied from around her waist and she put it on, in a hope that neither of the boys had seen her back. She crawled forward to lay next to Zach who turned his head to look at her. "I told you I wouldn't let anything happen to either of you."