Chapter 24

The helicopter's blades began to spin, a couple of men walked up to the back where Wu was seated. "Where's Hoskins?" Wu yelled out to one of the men, who rested his arm against the side of the helicopter.

     "He's sending you and the assets to a secure location," he man replied.

     "But our deal is still intact?" Wu asked unsurely.

     "Don't worry. You'll be well taken care of. Let's go!" The man motioned to the others, waving his hand at them, as he got into the back with Wu. Wu held onto his briefcase as the helicopter took off.

-

     The plaza outside of the Innovation centre was completely empty.

    "Thank you for visiting Jurassic World."

     Owen and Claire drove into the plaza.

     "We hope you enjoyed your adventure. Don't forget to visit the gift shop, and remember...It's always happy hour at Margaritaville."

     Claire stopped the jeep and turned the engine off, getting out of the jeep. Owen held his gun up as Claire ran around the side. "Come on, come on." She held a hand out to the three kids who got out of the back. Marlo grabbed hold of Gray's hand as they followed the others. Claire was behind the children making sure they weren't left behind. "Go inside." They ran up the stairs and towards the double doors. Owen opened the doors up for them as Marlo and the boys ran in, Claire and Owen followed in after them. "Control room. That way." Claire pointed out.

     They ran through the middle of the room and towards the control room, running through the labs to get there. They stopped at the two opened doors, hearing smashing sounds and seeing the door on the wall opened. "What happened here?" Marlo raised an eyebrow.

     "They evacuated the lab," Claire replied. Claire walked in slowly, checking around them.

     They walked into one of the supposed empty rooms. Inside were large clear jars filled with a pale green tinted water with small tiny bubbles floating quickly down to the bottom of the chamber, a large skeletal spine was in the jar with red and yellow wires wrapped around them.

     There were a couple of them in the room, small movable tray tables with medical type supplies on them were scattered throughout the room, on the side, there were empty chambers and a buttoned panel. Shelves and units covered the back wall.

     Marlo had occasionally been through this building when meeting newly hatched dinosaurs but never had she encountered this room before. Once again the sinking feeling in her stomach had returned, but this time it spread around her body like a wildfire and she wasn't so sure on how to ignore it this time.

     Like Claire, Marlo had stuck close to Owen. Claire looked around the room in shock and confusion, perhaps she never knew of this room. Owen moved to look at glass cages filled with smaller animals and reptiles such as spiders, scorpions, and albino snakes. Zach looked in one of them, a strange snake sat at the bottom of the tank under water. Gray looked in at the chameleon.

     The doors opened, catching Claire off guard. The others turned around to face the door. A couple of men walked in placing something in a black box with white smoke coming out of it, Claire's face grew annoyed. "What are you doing?"

     Hoskins walked out, with a smirk placed upon his lips. "I'm afraid that's above your pay grade, honey."

     Marlo growled at him once he came into full view, she hunched over in an attack stance as if it was going to help, her hate for him grew. Zach had grabbed hold of her upper arms to keep her in place as tugged her back slightly. But at the rate her heart rate was going, along with the seething hatred she had for the man, there would be no stopping her from getting out of his grasp and bitch slapping Hoskins back down to hell where he came from.

     "Where's Henry?"

     Hoskins walked into the room more. "Dr. Wu, he works for us."

     Gray looked out from behind Zach. "That's not a real dinosaur." He looked at the computer screen. Hoskins walked over and looked at it.

     "No, it ain't, kid." The screen showed the Indominous Rex. "But somebody's gotta make sure that this company has a future."

     "You created that...Thing?" Marlo growled out.

     "Ah, Miss Grady, so lovely to see you again. I would be pleased to hear that you enjoyed our little chat the other night, hmm? I mean your face speaks clearly for itself doesn't it?"

     Owen looked between the two as Marlo tightened her hands into a fist.

     "Didn't I tell you that I could make your sunken face look prettier? You have more colour to your face instead of just that dead corpse colour, don't you think?" He smirked at the youngest Grady before glancing over to Owen.

     Marlo could feel her hands getting slightly wetter with warm liquid as her nails cut into her skin causing them to bleed.

     "Mars," Zach whispered to her as he leaned forward to her ear, the heat from his body radiated towards Marlo she clenched her jaw. "Don't-" Marlo didn't listen and her breathing deepened. "I don't want you to get hurt anymore, please," he pleaded as he rubbed his thumbs on her arms instinctively. "Please."

     Marlo let out a quiet sigh, she knew that he was right. She had enough injuries as it was, she didn't need anymore. He felt her ease up and step back slightly towards him with her body almost pressed against his, he didn't drop his arms from her as they watched the adults argue.

     "Imagine, that one, a fraction of the size, deadly, intelligent, able to hide from the most advanced military technology."

     Everyone looked at Hoskins as he explained himself. Owen glared.

     "A living weapon, unlike anything we've ever seen. You see...Millions of years of evolution, what did we learn?" He stepped closer, no one responded to him. "Nature is the gift that just...Shit!" One of the Raptors jumped into the room, growling at them.

     "Holy crap." Marlo's breath hitched as Owen stood in front of all of them. Hoskins kept moving back with his hands out. Bad idea.

     "Easy." The Raptor stalked him backward. "Easy, boy." Hoskins leaned against the back of the wall, his hands out in front of him. "Easy. Hey, hey." Owen moved the others backward, towards the door. "We're on the same side, right?" He motioned between the two of them. "Right? Easy. I'm on your side." The Raptor shot forwards and latched her teeth onto Hoskins' hand.

     Gray and Zach pulled a stunned Marlo out of the room, followed by Owen and Claire. Blood splattered against the wall. They ran out of the lab room and into the corridor.

     "No, boys. Boys, this way. Come on." Claire grabbed the two boys, who planned on going the way they came. "Come on. Come on." Marlo started to run when the Raptor jumped through the glass, smashing into it.

     They turned around and started to run the other direction as the Raptor got up and started to chase them.