Schuyler Cousins ✅

It was 1780 the war had been going on for 5 years now, and in all honesty, you didn't believe that people were doing enough, you knew as well as anyone else who read the boards posted in town or listened to people shouting on the street corner that General Washington was leading his troops, a third of the troops Congress promised, he was two thirds short. If there were any men capable of fighting they should fight but others thought otherwise, you had desperately wanted to write to the general asking if there was anything you could do but you found it impossible to come across anyone who knew who to give the letters to.

Even though they were your cousins, Angelica Eliza and Peggy were considered your sisters, and the three sisters considered you their fourth sister. You wouldn't trade your family for anything in the world they were your joy. You didn't get to see your dad much considering he was always working on any extra work he could get his hands, which is where you got your hard work ethic from, and you never got to see your mother because she passed when you were 14, and because she died you never got another sibling and your father refused to remarry. But despite this, you learned to carry on. You knew your family was always with you supporting you through letters, especially considering you lived in South Carolina and your cousins in New York, you would love to see your mother again but other than that your life was perfect.

You were 23 the same age as Eliza. you had certain things in common with each sister and the reason they loved you. Eliza and you had a strong connection, not on a mind-based level but more of a heart-based level, meaning you could talk to each other hours on end about love interests and embarrassing moments with past relationships, whether it was awkward for you or the other person, but the majority of the stories were embarrassing for the courter himself. You two were more sisters than cousins.

Then there was Angelica, who you connected with on a mind-based level, unlike Eliza. She was the oldest and the wittiest, she never had many people to talk to, well about what she wanted to talk about, she was always endorsing women's rights and abolishing slavery, and whenever you came around she was always by your side (as well as Eliza of course 😉). You two were always doing one of the three things: comparing wits which meant debating and trading ideas on what you guys believed in, talking about how arrogant most guys were and how you promised each other that if either of you found a gentleman to ask if he had a brother who was a gentleman and single, lastly you were talking with Eliza and Peggy counseling them laughing with them and keeping a close eye on everything they did.

Peggy was the youngest poor thing was always left out by her older sisters, not left out as much as was included but never stayed long because she either wasn't aware of what had happened prior and she had to be caught up or she just didn't understand and it would take too long for her to be caught up, but because you always helped her into the conversations she loved you, she loved you because she felt closer with her sisters because you helped her understand things that her schooling wouldn't teach her like, how to woo a guy or how to throw snappy funny comebacks at guys who hit on you.

You were the happiest you had been in your whole life, you were invited to New York by your beloved 'sisters'. They wanted to invite you back sooner how they did, but 9 years ago you lost your mom she died of an illness not even close to old age, she became sick while your family was visiting the Schuylers, you were related to the girls by your mom, you all had to leave a month early because that's how sick your mother had gotten the sickness was attacking her for about a year, but finally, God put her out of her misery and saved her from suffering, you wish she was alive but you knew if she was she would be suffering. Then four years after her death the revolution started that did not help you in your efforts to visit your 'sisters'.

But finally, you were invited back, you had never been happier to read the note from Angelica that read:

My dearest Y/N,

It has been too long since my sisters and I have seen your lovely face and you amazingly comforting company that we miss so much, we have talked with our father, and he has agreed to let you come stay with us for as long as you would like, of course, your father is invited but I highly doubt considering his work ethic that he'll be wanting to come to see us anytime soon, he's always been a man to take much more than he can handle, but he somehow always finds a way to pull through, like you, which is why I'm hoping you will be able to join your uncle and of course your favorite cousins well, let's face it we're more of sisters. There is a ball going on, where eligible suitors will be unless, of course, you have already found a suitor if not bring this man to New York we would love to meet him. But if you haven't I'm sure we know plenty of eligible suitors for you. Yours truly with love, Angelica.

You immediately respond with a letter of your own

My dearest Angelica,

Without a doubt in my mind, it has been too long, and thank you for your flattery on my presence even if, in my opinion, it is terrible. First off thank you for the invitation, as you have predicted my father can not come considering his massive amount of work he has chosen to do, but I will most definitely be joining you and the rest of my 'sisters' for as long as I can. And I also accept your invitation to this ball, to reply to your statement, I am not courting anyone so I would, in fact, love to go, my father would like for me to tell you that if I find a man to court that you are in charge of making sure he is eligible and husband material. I am very excited to see all of these eligible suitors, see you within a few days' time. Your fourth sister, Y/N.

Three days have passed since these letters and more had been exchanged. Today was the day you found yourself up at dawn gathering your things and doing one final sweep of your room. While you were exchanging letters with Angelica, Angelica had brought up that you should live with them, you asked your father and he happily obliged you would finally be living with your 'sisters'.

All of these thoughts of the past few days were rushing through your head as your carriage was driving you from South Carolina to New York. It had to have been 12 hours since you left you weren't very tired but you were very antsy to see your 'sisters' so you couldn't sleep. You were still in thought before it was broken by the carriage driver yelling "Miss L/N we've arrived". You hopped out and yelled back. "Thank you George" you grabbed your three different sized bags full of all your belonging from out of the carriage the moment you turned around you were greeted by three different people with three different colored dresses in the far far distance, you assumed they were taking a stroll, as they got closer their faces got more clear and more clear.

Your eyes weren't deceiving you, those figures were none other than the Schuyler sister.

A/N: wow this took me about two hours to write with revisions included, well hope it was worth it and hoped you liked it this was more of the backstory backtracking part of the fanfic, so I can guarantee
you within 4 chapters at max the Lafayette x reader stuff will come into play. Love you all thanks for reading. -Mel