Gossip in New York City ✅

As the carriage drove away you could tell they Couldn't see you, their heads were turning back and forth talking to each other, that was until Peggy took off her heels and darted toward you, you put your bag down and did the same. They were still a good distance away from you so you darted as fast as you could, of course since Peggy had a head start, she collided with you first, you hugged her harder than you ever had. Next not even waiting for you guys to finish the hug, Eliza darted into you guys joining the hug (almost pushing you guys to the ground).

Last was Angelica, she just stood to the side smiling at the sight, you couldn't take it any longer, you turned your head and said: "get your butt in here you are one of the four sisters, aren't you?" Without a second thought, she joined the hug, the hug lasted a good five minutes before being broken by someone clearing their throat, it was uncle Phillip.

You broke the hug with the sisters and made your way to your uncle. You hugged him with the same might that you hugged the sisters. This took him by surprise. He was gasping for air, but you couldn't tell because your head was buried in his chest, that was until Angelica spoke up.

"Y/N, you may want to let our father breathe I don't want to have to be the one making the final stamp of approval on yours and Eliza's future husband." You let go of Uncle Phillip almost immediately. He gasped and bent down holding his knees, then he slowly rose up breathing at a normal pace and said "well, it's good to see you too, Y/N." "Sorry uncle Phillip, it's just been so long since I've been here, seen you guys, it almost feels like a dream, you know."

"Well if you girls would like some time alone, I'll leave you to it, I have to finish up some work, I'll see you at dinner Y/N." "thank you, uncle Phillip," you said kindly. He walked away from you and your sisters

"Oh trust me I know exactly what you mean, Y/N," Peggy spoke up. "What do you mean," you said truly not knowing what happened. "it's a dream that I'll FINALLY be able to understand what my sisters are hiding from me, it's killing me, tell me the surprise." She said turning to the sisters, you raised an eyebrow. Then Eliza spoke "Peggy, if we tell you," she paused "You can't tell Y/N the surprise we had for her like we said you could."

All of you and started walking back to the estate at this point, "Sorry Y/N, I LOVE you don't get me wrong, but I must know." Peggy said. "Fine" Angelica sighed nudging for Eliza to tell Peggy, "well I'm going to tell you both your surprises, fist off Peggy," she paused "dad is allowing you to come to the ball with us." Peggy started yelling and screaming and laughing of joy pumping her fists in the air then after all of that was done, she dewrinkled her dress with her hand and cleared her throat and then you all just laughed.

You and the sisters had made it back to the house where you saw your belongings sitting at the door. You walked in it was gorgeous, the maids that were there took you bag gesturing you upstairs. "This is Kay she'll be your maid while you're here, and she'll show you to your room which is all ready for your use, when your ready and done getting settled Eliza's room is just across from yours," Angelica said, you nodded and made your way upstairs.

When you got to your room the maid put your bags down and shut the door behind her, the room was huge a king-sized bed, dresser, and mirror, a private bathroom, a piano sitting in the corner. You especially took not of this piano oh it was beautiful before you left due to your mother's health, Eliza had taught you how to play you two played the piano every day.

You sat down by the piano and let your hands just barely dust over the keys before your door was open by an ever frantic Peggy, "Y/N, you may want to check this out," the two other sisters piled into the room, they made their way to the room and looked out the window, they kept waving their hands as a gesture to come over, you looked out not knowing what they were looking at, they were just looking at revolutionaries, which very much interested you, and before you knew it you saw their General, George Washington.

You ran to your dresser pulling out a note containing 7 pieces of paper they were all to the general himself, you had planned to send them to him but you could never find where to give them or who to give them to. You darted downstairs and out the door as fast as you could, out the door to where the general and four of his men were walking, Angelica Eliza and Peggy watched from your window. You ran and ran until you made your way to them with very little breathing.

"I'm-so-sorry-for-interrupting-your-walk-but-" you were cut off by the second tallest of the four revolutionaries, he had darker skin and what looked like he had a beanie on. "Are you alright." He said with pure fright in his eyes."Oh yes, I'm fine. Did I scare you? Sorry I have these letter for you general I looked out my window and saw you and we'll I've been trying to get these to you but when you were in South Carolina, boy let me tell you-" you were cut off again, 'is this the way all revolutionaries are?' you thought. This time you got cut off by the second shortest he had freckles and long curly pulled back hair, "wait, Y/N, is that you," you stood there in shock for a few moments "WAIT JOHN," you couldn't believe it, it was your best friend from South Carolina.

He was one of the main people that helped you with your grievance after your mother passed. You thought of him as a brother, you didn't know how he felt toward you but you were close with him and he was there now in real life after 5 years. When he left for the war you thought you might never make it without him, but your father helped you pull through. With all those thoughts aside, you couldn't be happier, well this moment tied with you seeing the Schuyler sisters.

You without a second thought jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly, you heard one of the soldiers whistle, which led John to say "come on she's like my sister. She's not like that either and neither am I so-""Yeah, in all honesty, he may be younger-" you said messing up his hair, "but he's like my older brother more than anything" "okay whatever you say kid" said the one with a small beard and a long black pulled back ponytail.

"Back to you, general, sir, I couldn't get any information on how to reach you and no one would tell of anyone who could help me so when I saw you, you would imagine my surprise and excitement to see you, you see I've tried my hardest well...... I'll just have you read the notes thank you for your time." You ran back in the house Peggy Angelica and Eliza looking at you, with a look from all three that said 'what was that explain everything that just happened' "I'll explain everything" so you did. They sat there and listened "did you happen to catch their names?" Eliza said, "no but I'm assuming since the Winter's Ball is celebrating them coming here they'll be at the winters ball," "I sure hope so," Peggy said in a daze "OH MY LORD YOU LIKE JOHN!!!" You yelled she turned red BRIGHT red "how did you know" "I was just guessing, but I'll talk to him for you he's your age you know," "REALLY!!!" Peggy could have broken glass at this point her voice was so high pitched, "one lower your pitch and two yes."

It was so adorable seeing how happy she was, she danced around and giggled, and that was that it was fun playing matchmaker but little did you know sisters Peggy, Angelica, and Eliza were sneaking behind your back to find you a guy at work."