Chapter 1

"You better pray for your sins! You all will go to hell!"said the pastor on the T.V, Matthew Godfrey.

I sighed as a strand of my dark hair flew through my fingertips. I reach for the remote when a loud crack of thunder rendered the room with a boom and a flash, lighting lit up the room briefly.

I sighed and stood up, I glanced at the window beside me. I walked over and stared at the rainy yard. Lighting flashed and I saw a dark streak zip across the yard.

Curiosity got the best of me and I rush out the front door and down the flights of stairs. As I exit out the back door to the complex, I slipped on the cement and fell into the mud.

I groan and sat up on the ground. When I saw it, a cat, with dirty black fur.

"Aw your so cute!" I chimed. It's ears tilted back and I stared into his vibrant blue eyes.

I reach my hands over and held it out. He sniffed and rubbed against my hand. He climbed into my lap and huddled into my stomach for warmth.

I stood up with the cat in my lap and walked inside. After I made it to my apartment, I set the cat on my bed in my bedroom. I slipped out of my muddy clothes I headed to the bathroom and washed up before slipping on new clothes.

The cat was on the bed still and seemed to be smiling at me. It was slightly unnerving. I smiled before picking him up, wait is 'he' even a he.

I flipped the cat over gently so it stomach was facing me. I spread his legs and the cat tensed in my arms, and tried to move.

"Hey now, I just want to see if your a boy or a girl," I said softly. The cat relaxed and let my check.

Boy.

I headed to the bathroom and set the cat in the tub and filled it up with water. I got some shampoo and washed the cats surprisingly soft fur.

As I washed his fur I found my self talking. "You know, you need a name," I sighed and thought of a name.

"How about Pete?" It narrowed his eyes at me. "Exile?" Same response as before. "Drake?" His eyes widened and he put his paws on the edge of the tub.
"Drake it is." I rinse his fur and got him out.

I then drained the tub and grabbed Drake and towel dried the cat. I smiled and picked him up. I brought him to the kitchen and set him down on the floor.

I opened the fridge and grabbed some meat. I put in a bowl and sat it on the ground in front of Drake.

After he ate, I grabbed him and carried him to the bedroom. I set the cat in the bed and head to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

After I was done, I headed back to my room and climbed into bed under the covers. Drake walked over to me and slipped under the covers and curled against my chest. With that I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

This is for the thirty day writing challenge. Let me know if there mistakes.

Day 1 complete.