Chapter 6

~Cassidy~

I glanced at the food in front of me. I wasn't really hungry, but ate a couple of bites of it.

"So Cassidy, why don't you tell us about yourself?" Caroline asks.

"Sure," I said. "I'm 19 years old, I was born in a small town in Virginia. I moved here when I turned 18, so here I am a year later in Massachusetts."

"That's interesting. Boys tell her about yourself." Caroline demanded.

"Well I'm Kyle. I'm 17 years old, and I lived here my whole life." Kyle grinned at me then winked.

"Unlike my brother I have manners. I'm John. I'm 24 years old and I haven't chosen a mate." John briefly old me.

I turned to Drake and he begin talking.  "I'm Drake. I'm 20 years old and your my chosen mate." I didn't object knowing if I did, I will be disrespectful towards them.

I smiled at them. "Hey let's go swimming while Drake is getting yelled at?" Kyle asks John and I.

"I don't have swimsuit," I said.

"I got one,"

"How?"

"It's a spare,"

"A spare? Kyle are your sure it's not one of your victims?"

"Hey! I may sleep around a lot, but I don't kill them,"

"I didn't say anything about killing,"

"I'll be back with the swimsuit," with that Kyle jumped up and rushed out of the room.

"That was amusing," Drake said.

"How come Kyle and John know a lot about human stuff, but Drake doesn't?" I asked.

Caroline sighed sadly."When Drake was born he was ill a little. He couldn't go outside. Kyle and John went to public school. Even when Drake was better, he wanted to be homeschool."

I feel bad. I glanced at Drake and he was looking down. I stood up and walked over to him and hugged him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know." I explained to him.

"It's ok," he wrapped his arms and returned the hug. My eyes watered and I stated crying. "Cass, please don't cry. It's over and done with."

I heard movements and realized the others were leaving. They must be giving us privacy. As to prove the point, I heard the door close.

"I know. But the fact you missed out a lot in your life. I feel bad, I shouldn't have asked I should have realized. I'm sor-" I was cut of by lips, against mine.

I was shocked and kissed back. It was short and sweet. "Nice way to shut me up," I said.

"Mmmhmm. Look Cass, my life got better when I met you. I'm in love with you and it would mean the world to me if you become my mate."

I smiled."Yes, I will be your mate." With that, I kissed him.

***
I was in my room that I will be staying at while I'm here. Kyle told me will swim tomorrow.

I'm glad Drake and I are closer. He is my boyfriend/mate now. I smiled. This is the beginning of a end.

Day 6 complete.