Chapter 16

~Cassidy~

Right now we were all gathered in the living room. Everyone was shocked that the boy is the first Neko. I know I am, and I just became one.

The ginger sat in the chair with his guard behind him. His green eyes turned to us as his ears twitched.

"How did this happen?" Isaac asked.

"It will be better if I told you the whole story. Let's start from the beginning," David replied and begin the story.

Ligers Valley, Maryland, 1759

"Mom?" A blond haired boy called. His bright blue eyes gleaming as he stared outside the window of the cottage.

"Yes?" A women called from the kitchen as she made supper.

"Can I go out and play?" The boy asked.

"Yes," She wasn't really listening to him. She was more concerned about dinner tonight.

The blonde was already outside playing in the rain, he played in the puddles. As people rode by on their carriage, they would wave.

His father came home and smiled at his son. Patted the eight year olds head as he headed inside the house.

The mother was in kitchen setting the table as arms wrapped themselves around the women.

"Charles," She whispered to her husband as held her in his arms.

"I'm home, Miranda." Charles said to his wife, after the fight last night. He thought she would never let him hold her.

They loved each other, thick and thin.
A siren went off. Flood warning. They hurried to the front door to call their son in.

Only to see him being washed away. "No!" They shouted as their one and only child floated away.

They couldn't find his body, they grieved and prayed to a god to give them another child.

There prayer was answered, but not in the way they hoped. A cat with orange fur and green eyes, appeared on there door step.

They named the cat David after there fallen son. But David was growing bigger as days passed. By the year 1760, the cat was the size of a child. They were worried and concerned.

But it changed after that, the cat shape started changing. Skin was replacing the cat, red hair appeared and his ears and tails remained.

The cat was now human, at the most. They called his newfound breed, Neko. David was not normal like the others kids, and soon his parents became just like him.

It was adaptation, magic rubbed on them from David. But then they had a daughter, she was a Neko as well. They realized David never aged, in 1780 was when it all happened.

"Hey little brother," the teasing tone of Rose caught his ears. Rose got married when she was 13 and she had 7 kids so far. All nekos.

Rose thought it was funny to tease the Neko about all of the stuff he lacked. Te fact he had a body of child but the mind of an adult.

David narrowed his eyes at the blond. Rose just smirked at him as her children came in. The oldest was seven and the youngest was one.

Rose was busy teasing David, when she felt pain. She looked down and a saw David's hand in her chest. He ripped her heart out.

It thudded to the ground and so did Rose. As he stared at the blond a wave of joy washed over him. He smirked and walked to his parents.

***

Blood splattered everywhere on the cottage the only people who were alive, were David and the seven children. They sat on the ground, blood splattered their clothes and hair.

David stood smiling, he was drenched in blood. All the body's are mauled and torn, David felt whole.

*** end of past

"So you killed your family and let the kids live?" I asked, I though he would of killed them.

"I wanted my blood line pure," was David response.

I didn't answer, I was shocked. This was the scariest though the peered into my brain.

If he wants purity, won't he kill all of us.

Day 16 complete.

Sorry for the morbidity of the chapter.