Life In A Bubble

I stand up and stretch. Creak! I hear my tired joints yelp in pain. I've been sitting at my desk for two full hours straight on my computer doing some computer work and homework. Yes, homework. If you think that in 21st century in space, you don't get homework -you're wrong. The curriculum is hard. All about the old life, economy, ways, and about new technology, and how the world is progressing. Today, for example, I had 15 assignments due. I take the advanced course called LTC . (Learn To Change) which is great. To my surprise, many people decided to take it. It's all about teaching not about the past, but preparing us for the future. Some say, that the Roots never did that, and they blame that on why we came up here. Everyone knows that it's not really true.

LTC is great though. It helps us students get highly educated on everything, and they teach us how to manage our time wisely so we can still "live our life."

I stand up and start walking towards the door of my bubble. I pass bookshelves, my bed, and photos on the glass wall. The reason? This is my room. In this community (Shattered North), no one moves much so I've had the same room since the beginning of my existence. (Surprise, surprise.) I have a big silver bed in the middle, with real silver coating on the top, three bookshelves filled with books, a closet, and photos lined up against the glass walls.

I love photography. The way that the camera fits in your hands, the light angles in your photos, and everything else. Photos rest along the shiny wall, some vibrant, some light, and some black and white. Every since I was 10 years old, this world has appealed to me. I started taking photos on my mom's phone, of the randomest things. Light bulbs, jars, tires, clouds, and pencils. Then after asking for a month, at the holiday time my parents granted me the joy of getting a camera. I have a Cannon that's blue, and that I use everyday. It's perfect.

I exit my room and the glass name frame jingles against the door, along with my wind chimes. Ironic, since they don't work inside. The name frame says Queenie, Bedroom. "Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light." I'd always wondered where that quote came from.

---

B-b-bring! Metal screeches as I open the door. "Oh jeez!" I think in surprise as I open the ανοίξτε τα όλα (anoíχte ta óla.) The anoíχte is a metal mechanism that helps transport people from bubble to bubble. For example, -right now. I have to get to my family room (bubble), so I go through the anoíχte. It's a three feet long black tunnel, that is illuminated by electric lanterns. There's two doors. One, that you open normally, and then the next that you have to push and turn a lot, to finally crank it open. (Vice versa if you're on the other side.) To me, it seems a bit strange, because if you're in the anoíχte, you have access to both bubbles. After opening my "front"door", I open the 'hard to open' one. It's a inky black colour, with a few dents from trying to get it open. Once I open the door, I enter my family room.

This is the room where everything attaches onto. It's like a meeting place. The kitchen is nearby the family room, so there is no door, -the glass just connects. Three other smaller bubbles attach onto this one. My sister's, brother's, and parents'. In the left side of the bubble is my kitchen, and the right is a large comfy family room, with a white carpet.

"Hi." I turn around and see my younger brother playing with Lego. His name is Tobin, and he's 7 years old. My sister Bellatrix, is older than me -she's 15- but she's isn't here. My parents, meanwhile are each on a sofa doing work on their laptop. I decide to join them, and sprawl myself out on my favourite smoky coloured one. My parents acknowledge me and decide that we should have dinner. I agree, and we have a delicious meal of chilled space cucumbers.