Embarking Inside

Coincidentally, at this exact time Thelma calls out that it's the end of lunch. Opal, Moxie, Izzie, and I exit the canopy of trees to a small clearing of grass. We're in a part of the Plantatorium that's like a huge garden. The agriculture that's grown here is what's in some of our food. 

"I hope you had a good lunch." Thelma says. "Because, you'll have to get ready for the next part of our trip. The Lab." Thelma starts walking out of the area and everyone follows. Soon enough, after going around past corners and many doors, Thelma stops. We all stop with her. She's stopping at a normal-sized metal one with some kind on funny latch. The silver-coloured metal isn't polished but is old, dented, and tarnished. Unlike the other doors, this one has no windows, but I can see a crack of light emitting from a break in the door. "As you probably have all observed, this is The Lab." I hear some gasps of excitement in the crowd, -not many people have ever been inside. "Before we go in, I would like to say a few rules." Thelma continues. She explains them all and then says something else. "Whatever you do, do not touch anything. Anything." She gives us a grim look, then knocks on the old steel door.