- You Get Hurt -

Stefan: You gradually awaken from your slumber, blinking a few times to adjust to the rays of light streaming in through the window.

Stefan, surprisingly, was still sound asleep.

You crawl out of bed, trying not to wake your sleeping boyfriend and head downstairs into the Salvatore kitchen.

You stretch, standing on your tippee toes as you try and reach the cereal on top of the cupboard, the brothers were the only ones that could reach there. Typical.

You finally manage to grab the box only for it to fall out of your grasp and spill over the floor.

"Shit." You mutter.

You bend over to pick them up, but suddenly feel an excruciating amount of pain on the back of your head until everything goes black, rendering you unconscious.

~~

Your eyes flicker open, your first instinct is to address the ache from your head but your hands are tied together round the back of a chair.

"Hello?" You call out into the dimly lit room, "Who's there?"

After a few moments of silence a voice speaks out.

"Y/N." They speak calmly.

"Ric?" You let a sigh escape your lips.

He ignores you, instead letting a chuckle erupt from his lips.

"Let me guess, this is the other you?" You roll your eyes.

"I bet you're wondering why you're here..." Alaric finally steps into the only beam of light in view.

"Well Y/N, I'm trying to rid Mystic Falls of vampires once and for all."

"Ric, I'm not a vampire, you know that! You're not thinking clearly."

"Save it, Y/N. I know you're not a vampire, do I look stupid?" Ric glares.

"but Stefan Salvatore is, and something tells me that he'll soon come to your recuse, giving myself the perfect opportunity to stake his cold vampire heart."

"If you kill him, Damon will come after you. I'll come after you." You grit your teeth.

"And I'd expect nothing less. I'll kill him too, and you of course will die a slow death." Alaric shrugs with a malicious grin strapped on his face.

He steps away into the darkness, his footsteps echoing as he does, but just as you think he's gone, Ric reappears, dragging a wooden chair behind him and placing it a few metres in front of you.

~~

You were guessing it had been roughly half an hour, and Stefan was still no where to be seen. Gladly.

You hear Ric mutter under his breath, something about motivation before he abruptly stands up.

He pulls what looks like a pocket knife out from his coat and strides over.

"Where's your phone?"

You ignore him.

"Y/N, I'm not going to ask you again." Ric stares down at the knife in his hands.