17

After our date, I figured I wouldn't hear from Andrew for at least a day

After our date, I figured I wouldn't hear from Andrew for at least a day. I wasn't incredibly experienced in dating, but usually people waited a day or two to make sure they weren't coming on too strong, right? Apparently I was wrong, because I heard from him less than fifteen minutes after Val and I's conversation about his somewhat deranged follower, @LincolnShepherdFan.

I had been brushing my teeth, already out of my dress and into a ratty old t-shirt paired with comfy boxer shorts, when I heard my phone ding. Val beat me to it, grabbing the phone and squealing like a twelve year old girl as she read the texts out loud.

"Thanks for tonight," Val said in her best deep voice. "I had a wonderful time. And, for the record, I want to see you again too."

I groaned as she squealed, "Seriously, Val? Stop!"

"Sweet dreams gorgeous," Val squeaked out the last text, dropping my phone as she danced excitedly around the apartment. "Cait! That is so freaking adorable! He even put the little 'x' at the end of the message! Did you guys kiss?!"

She babbled about them for at least ten minutes after I snatched the phone away from her, typing back to Andrew, I had a great time too. Good night. :) Apparently that 'wasn't enough' to her, but I refused to send anything else so I didn't hear back from him until the next morning when I got up for work.

Val already left since she was opening, and when I finally crawled out of bed I had three missed calls, two voicemails, and a whole slew of unread text messages from her. I listened to her voicemails first, and her text messages just repeated the same thing to me. Work had been slammed from the minute they opened, and she'd already had at least ten teenage girls ask if 'Cait' was working today. Apparently, Peter wasn't pleased because there were also several paparazzi camped outside of the store in the off chance that I was working today, so word of 'Lincoln Shepherd's girlfriend' was being whispered through the store pretty much nonstop.

Basically, I was being given the day off whether I liked it or not.

Andrew texted me as well, and I smiled as I read it. I felt bad about the whole situation - this was clearly something he was experienced in dealing with - but that didn't mean that he should have to deal with it.

 I felt bad about the whole situation - this was clearly something he was experienced in dealing with - but that didn't mean that he should have to deal with it