.bonus chapter. (1)

"What are we doing?"

Andrew laughed, his arm wrapped securely around my waist as he guided me through the busy New York City streets. We'd left his apartment forty-five minutes ago, after eating a suspiciously rushed dinner, and he insisted that I change into the dress Val bought me earlier this week. The navy blue fabric draped along the curves of my body without being uncomfortably tight, and I was grateful that the dress had long sleeves to ward off the uncharacteristic chill of the summer evening.

"Don't make me quote Aladdin at you," Andrew warned, guiding me to the side as I felt another body whoosh past. "You know I will."

I groaned, rolling my eyes beneath the silk blindfold that he'd knotted carefully over my eyes. I felt like an absolute idiot, walking the streets of New York City with a blindfold over my eyes while my celebrity boyfriend led me through the busy sidewalks. Luckily, it was already dark out, and - beneath the shadows and the blinding mass of city lights - we didn't draw much attention to ourselves.

At least, I didn't think we did. I couldn't exactly tell.

"Thank you," I heard Andrew say to someone, maneuvering me in front of him as he placed one hand on my shoulder and the other slipped to the curve of my waist.

The temperature rose slightly, the wind no longer dancing around my bare legs, and I could smell a hint of roses in the air. His lips brushed my ear suddenly, causing goosebumps to erupt down the left side of my body, as he directed me off to the left.

"Almost there," he whispered softly.

I frowned, "Why are we whispering?"

"I'm guiding a beautiful woman, blindfolded, through a building," he responded sarcastically. "Last thing I need is for a bunch of strangers to overhear our conversation. They probably already think I'm that dude from Fifty Shades."

Barely stifling a snort, I slapped at Andrew - or, where I thought he was - and my hand landed on his thigh.

"Careful there," he warned. "A couple of inches to the left and everyone here would definitely think we're reenacting Fifty Shades."

"I hate you," I hissed, quickly pulling my hand away as my cheeks burned bright red. "You're so embarrassing."

He chuckled, "And to think you agreed to be seen in public with me."

"See or be seen," I replied cheekily. "I couldn't stand the sight of you, so I thought it was high time that everyone else's eyes suffered."

Andrew laughed, the sound echoing through the area, and he dropped his grip on my waist to slide his hand into my own. Our fingers tangled together, and warmth flooded through my body at the sensation. Even though we'd been dating for six months, nothing about our relationship ever got old. The way his skin felt on mine managed to give me butterflies even now.