00 | 00

Told is third person view. Sometimes in first person of Wyatt or Lynn. I'll let you know before each chapter. ;3

•••

Third Person - (The Air.)

•••

00 | 00

It was a normal busy day for Lynn at the Saph Café. Her usual pearl white apron having some smudges of coffee or icing from the cupcakes they usually give to the young toddlers that barely reach the counter sitting on the stools. Lynn always had a soft side for kids, not the snotty teenagers that couldn't lift their faces from their phones, but the kind that always laughed at a silly face Lynn pulled behind her boss' back. Lynn had a special touch to the café. A unique touch to the counter, a clear bowl of lollipops, Lynn's favorite candy of all time.

Her partner-in-crime, as she calls her best friend, Rachel, who also works with her at the Saph- their little nickname for the café, has her own special touch as well. Rachel is more of the talented, peppy, pink girl. She loves to decorate each name tag of the crew at Saph. The boss, Travis, tends to roll his eyes at her, especially when she throws a huge fit when she doesn't get the hours she wants.

Lynn has always considered Travis her godfather. He was there for her when she needed a ride home, somewhere to stay, or just a shoulder to cry on. Lynn's life was always pretty rough at home. Her mom always having a drink in her hand and her dad basically never around. Her younger brother had to attend middle school, attached to her high school, but usually came to the café afterwards, along with Lynn. Today being a Sunday afternoon, so Henry, her brother, was at home or a friend's house.

As Lynn refilled the coffee container, she blew a piece of her brunette hair to the side as it was all pulled back into a hair tie except for a small stubborn strand. Rachel popped her bubble gum as she trotted over to the cash register to collect money from the nice old couple that always came after their church service. Lynn smiled as they picked a lollipop out of the jar for the small- grandchild she assumed- girl reaching up to them. Lynn's eyes widened as she felt a hot liquid travel over her hands, soon reacting and looking to the coffee pot and quickly shutting it off and pulling back, releasing a short yelp.

"Crap!" Lynn muttered under her breath as she wiped her hand on her apron and running to the sink to cool them under the cold water. Sighing as the water ran over her skin, Rachel came up beside her and stared at her hands.

"Happen again, huh?" Rachel said, blowing a big bubble of her pure pink gum, popping it in Lynn's face. Lynn rolled her eyes and nodded to her annoying friend.

"You should be more careful." Chase, a fellow waiter helping them out on the busy Sunday, said. He was a year older then Rachel and Lynn, and about a foot taller too, but he always acted a lot younger around the girls.

"Yeah, well. I'm distracted." Lynn said as she dried her hands and turned off the sink. Walking to the coffee pot and wiping the handle and sides she held it and turned to Chase. "Its not my fault I have to babysit you twenty-four seven."

Chase has always been a slacker. He would deliver a meal and then go to the back to take a break while he 'made the next meal'. Lynn would usually hound on him or kick him when he wouldn't pay attention. His tables were in the corners since he was a little new, but when they were full, he won't take a notice to it. The one time, the costumers actually left because he never came for half an hour. Half an hour. Whenever Lynn sees him slacking in the kitchen by juggling spoons or swinging his towel around like helicopter blades, she would remind him of that one time and he would roll his eyes and get back to work, or she would just shove him out to do his job.