00 | 04

Thank you runbird and wetleaf for all the support! 

Apologies in advance for the shorter chapters! I've been slacking!

•••

00 | 04

As the day ended, Lynn walked out of school with Rachel and went to pick up Henry.

"Ill see you in a bit. Henry coming to the café too?" Rachel asked. Lynn nodded and smiled.

"Yeah. I don't really think it's safe to have him at home alone, so he might just hangout with Chase for the evening." Lynn replied, grabbing her keys out of her
pocket and clicking the button towards her car, the lights blinking while the car gave a small beep. Rachel nodded and waved to her before heading to her car.

Lynn opened her door and threw her bag into the back seat while quickly sending a text to her brother to be ready. Stuffing her phone in her pocket she put the key in the ignition and started the car. She pulled out of the high school parking lot and drove around the school, trying to be patient in all the cars around picking up kids.

As Lynn wait outside the entrance of the middle school for her brother, her mind traveled to Jammie, the legacy of the dare girl of that generation. Everyone knew where she lived, but Lynn thought it would be a bit rude to just show up and ask for help. She thought thoroughly about it as Henry sat patiently in the passenger seat. Lynn didn't notice his entry until he cleared his throat.

"You okay, Lynn?" He asked as she restarted the car. She decided to tell Henry about the dare since they tell each other everything about their day or secrets.

"Yeah, just thinking of a strategy." Lynn mumbled while pulling out onto the road and driving in the direction of the café.

"Oh yeah? For what?" Henry smirked, probably having an idea of something her sister got into.

Lynn sighs and turns onto the road with the bench where Wyatt waited for her after her shift. "I was dared to get a date for homecoming."

Henry let out a short laugh and stared forward at the car in front of them. "That's brilliant. Who dared you?"

"Danielle." Lynn responded and rolled her eyes just thinking about her again.

"That's perfect! She knows you can't get a gu-"

"I can too!" Lynn cut him off and raised her voice. "Why does everyone think I'm incapable of having a guy like me?" She huffed.

"Well..." Henry started. "Maybe it's because no one likes you- that's a guy! And you've never dated."

Lynn smirked at her little brother. "You're a guy."

"That doesn't count. I'm younger then you." Henry said, smiling widely.

Lynn rolled her eyes, her smirk fading away a little. "And dating has nothing to do with it.. Why do people date in high school anyways? You know, only 5% of couples end up together after high school." Lynn smiles proudly of her facts that she knows, only because she has nothing else to do on her free time and finds herself surfing through the internet.

"Ah, but some people look for love in a boyfriend or girlfriend because they don't have the attention they need at home." Henry countered. Turning in his seat to look st his sister better as she pulled into the Saph parking lot.

Turning the car off and unbuckling, Lynn turned to Henry who was already looking at her.

"I work until six tonight, so hangout with Chase and help out, okay?" Lynn said to her brother, ignoring the last thing Henry said to her.

Henry nodded and smiled a bit. Lynn smiles also and ruffled his hair, turning to get out of the car. Henry followed her into the café and to the back room where Chase was with his wallet in his hands.

"What are you doing?" Lynn asked him. Chase jumped and looked up at Lynn with a scowl, his face soon lighting up when he saw Henry.

"Hey man! How's it going?" Chase asked Henry, ignoring Lynn.

Henry smiled. "Nothing much."

Chase nodded and played his wallet on the table. "And, Lynn, I was looking for money so I could buy some supper. My dad forgot to get my money." Lynn nodded and lifted her apron off of the hook to put on, tying it around her waist.

"Maybe Travis will let it slide for free tonight?" Lynn said, eyeing him. Chase smirked and leaned over the table, his chin resting on his hand as he used his elbow to balance his weight.

"Are you saying I shouldn't pay for my meal, Lynnie-pooh?" Chase said lazily. Henry's eyes widened as he looked between the two of them.

"I'm going... I'm going to wait for Rachel.. Bye!" Henry said, quickly walking out to the front, most likely feeling awkward. Lynn rolled her eyes as Chase stood straight and made his way over to Lynn.

"Oooo, your brother thinks something is going on between us, huh?" Chase smirked and looked to Lynn. "Have you been making fantasy stories up to your brother about me and you, Lynnie-pooh?"

Lynn scoffed. "Like I would ever do that." Lynn smoothed her apron out and went to walk off, away from Chase, but he stretched his arm out to trap her between the wall and his body.

"Then why are you blushing?" He asked, a smirk growing on his face. Lynn raised a hand to her cheek, her eyes wider. She hasn't even realized they were red. Scowling at Chase she pushed at his arm to get away.

"Back off Chase." Lynn muttered.

Chase gave a low chuckle as he leaned in to her ear, speaking lowly, his breath brushing some of her hair against her ear.

"As you wish, little Lynnie." And with that, Chase pushed off the wall and walked off with a wave, his smirk still plastered on his face.

Lynn rolled her eyes as Rachel walked into the room, her face holding confusion as she stared at Lynn.

"What happened to you?" Rachel said. "You literally look like a cherry."

Lynn ran her hands down her face and walked out to the front, ignoring Rachel with a muttered 'nothing'.