00 | 11

•••

00 | 11

Lynn sat on her couch, rubbing her hands nervously together as she waited for Alex to arrive. After lunch, earlier that day, she told him her address for him to be able to actually come over. Henry sat on the floor, playing a game on the television. She picked him up from school and walked him home, staying with him since she was off from her job.

When the doorbell rang, Lynn froze and moved her gaze toward the doors direction.

"Here goes nothing.." She muttered, rubbing her hands on her legs and standing to walk over, placing her hand on the door knob.

When she opened it, she saw Alex's bright smile, causing her to smile back politely. Then Wyatt appeared behind him, waving with a grin on his face.

"Uh, Wyatt.. Hi?" Lynn said, unsure of what was happening, looking to Alex questionably.

Alex scratched the back of his head, a dry laugh coming out of his mouth. "Yeah, about that.. Wyatt kind of paid-"

Wyatt gripped Alex's shoulder, cutting him off. "I figured I could come over too since we apparently all have the same teacher. If that's alright with you, Lynn?"

Lynn shrugged and felt her face flush. "Uh, yeah, sure. Why not?" She said, opening the door wider and letting them through. Henry looked over from the screen to look at the guys next to his sister.

"Who are they?" He said, quickly looking back to his game to pause it.

"Right, Henry this is Alex and Wyatt," she said, gesturing to both of them, and then to her brother. "and this is Henry, my little brother."

"Hey, man." Wyatt says, walking up to him to shake his hand. Lynn smiled at the weird situation to see her little brother shaking a hand with someone else so much bigger.

"What game are you playing?" He asked Henry, nodding to the screen.

"I don't really know. Lynn bought it for me. You basically just kill a bunch of people." He shrugged, unpausing the game and continuing it.

"Nice." Wyatt said, putting his hands in his pockets and watching him play. Alex cleared his throat and nodded.

"Maybe we should get started?" Alex asked. "Is there somewhere we can set our stuff up?"

Lynn nodded. "Right, yeah. In the kitchen." She said, leading them to the next room and patting the table. "Here. I'll go grab my stuff in my room, you guys can settle here." They both nodded and took a seat as she walked out.

"Why couldn't it have just Alex." She muttered as she rooted through her school bag. "It would have been so much easier.." Grabbing her folder, she stood up straight and took a breath. "I wish myself luck." She muttered one last time as she walked out of her room and closed her door behind her.