00 | 01

Third Person - (The Air)

•••

00 | 01

As people started finishing their meals, Lynn flipped the 'OPEN' sign on the inside of the front door so people outside would see it say 'CLOSED', since it was indeed Sunday and people needed to spend time with their families. Though Lynn doesn't ever usually go home, she would normally hangout with Rachel or stay and help clean up. If she had nothing else to do, she would spend her free time sitting on a special bench where she would read a book she always carried with her.

Lynn made her way to one uncleaned, empty table of hers, stacking the plates and and placing the utensils on top setting them in a black container holder, gathering the napkins and setting the holder on the booth. She took her rag she dampened earlier and washed off the table and seats, taking the dirty dishes and trash to the back room to see Rachel looking through one of the magazines that was out front a couple minutes ago, and a relaxed Chase with his feet propped up on the table, a cigarette in his mouth.

Lynn narrowed her eyes at him as he smirked. "What did Travis say about smoking indoors?"

Chase shrugged and took a drag, blowing the smoke up into the air after tilting his head back. "Who cares what he said?"

"And that, my friend," Rachel said, slapping the magazine shut and putting on the table she was sitting on, "is how you get unemployed!"

Chase rolled his eyes and took another drag. "I need this. Travis wouldn't fire me, he is low on staff."

"That's not true. We have Hailey." Lynn spoke up, crossing her arms after putting the holder on the table, hard, making Chase move his feet off quickly, glaring at Lynn.

"Exactly." Chase sneered. He stood and took a drag. "And Travis won't find out. He left a couple minutes ago." Chase said, nodding over his shoulder to the back door. "And you aren't going to tell him, isn't that right, Lynn?"

Lynn crossed her arms, arching an eyebrow.

"Or I'll just have to let it slip that you threw out his prize baseball cap." Chase continued, smirking evilly. Lynn would not let Travis know. It was on a table after hours and she thought someone left it behind, so she threw it out without knowing it was Travis' prize possession.

"You wouldn't." Lynn said.

"Watch me." Chase said, stepping close to her to size her up. Chase was a good foot taller, but Lynn wasn't really scared of his height.

Lynn remained quiet before sighing and letting her arms fall. "Fine. Whatever. I won't tell him."

Chase smiled. "At'a girl." Taking a drag and blowing the smoke in Lynn's face, Chase patted her head and walked around her to get his bag. "Now, I'm heading out. I'll see you two tomorrow." And with that, he walked out the door without another word.

"Well, that was intense." Rachel said, popping another bubble of her gum, which was starting to annoy Lynn.

"Rachel, please. The gum." Lynn mumbled, turning to the kitchen door and heading to it. Rachel nodded and blew a bigger bubble, taking it out of her mouth and smirking as she plopped it in the trashcan.