XXX. I Would Expect Nothing Less

Connie delivered several punches to the punching bag hanging on the wall. She had since purchased a new one since Bucky had destroyed the last one, and the one she had purchased was much stronger than the previous one, though she doubted it would be able to fully withstand the full brunt force of one of their blows. It was the least of her worries at the moment, however. All she was focused on was getting back into the game; she'd been out for far too long and it was aggravating her.

Connie's abdominal wound was finally healed, and although the wound itself wasn't healed completely, it was healed enough for her to begin physical activity. Her fractured wrist had healed about a week ago, so that had been another factor as to why she hadn't been able to exert herself physically.

One thing Connie absolutely despised was being physically unable to fight or protect herself and the ones around her. Back then, something like this definitely wouldn't have been a very big deal, as she hadn't been so dependent on such a thing. The fight was all that she knew now, and not being able to partake in it bothered her so much more than it should have.

"Someone's healed up quite nicely," Bucky's voice sounded from behind Connie.

Connie let out a breath and delivered a final blow to the punching bag before turning around to face him. "I have, thank you for noticing," she replied as she moved to grab her bottle of water from its spot on the floor.

"I assume you're feeling better then?" Bucky added, his face falling slightly.

Connie narrowed her eyes at him, her mind instantly flashing to their time together on the helicarrier. She knew that was what he was thinking about, but she was so tired of him feeling guilty about something that was out of his control, even if that something included hurting her and Steve. "Why don't I show you?"

"Wait, what?"

"You're wearing the proper workout clothes, and truthfully, I've been waiting for a rematch," Connie said to him with a smirk on her face.

Bucky shook his head quickly and backed away from her. "I don't want to hurt you, Connie."

"I wouldn't stress about it," Connie assured him. "You and I were trained under the same organization and the same protocols, so it'll be a pretty evenly matched fight."

"Are you forgetting what happened the last time we fought?" Bucky asked with a raised brow. "I almost killed you."

Connie cocked her head to the side and crossed her arms over her chest. "Yes, but you weren't you and I was emotionally compromised, so it'll be okay. If anyone should be worried about anyone, it should be me worrying about you."

Bucky scoffed. "And why's that?"

"I just told you I've been waiting for a rematch," Connie replied as she ripped her gloves from her hands and threw them to the floor. She looked to Bucky to see a rather perturbed expression on his face and she smirked again. "Don't worry, I won't be too hard on you."

Bucky sighed and shook his head at her. He could tell by the expression on her face that she was more than serious about sparring with him, and he highly doubted he would be able to get out of it; it was hard for him to deny her much of anything as of lately.

Bucky took a fighting stance and Connie ran at him. She kicked her leg up in an attempt to strike his side, but he blocked her with his metal arm, while swinging his free arm at her. Connie quickly spun around to grab his arm, and once she did, she raised her knee and connected it with his lower abdomen, which sent him doubling over slightly. Connie spun around and landed a kick to his face, sending the soldier to the floor.

"You're a lot stronger than I remember you being," Bucky stated as he stood back up.

Connie shrugged, "That's because I was holding back before."