XXXIX. No One Needs To Worry

Connie landed in the woods near the west side of the old facility. She quickly ditched her chute and started towards the facility itself, though the officers inside had clearly been expecting some sort of arrival after locating the plane in the sky. A group of men with raised guns were running toward Connie, sending her immediately into battle mode. She wouldn't be surprised if Ward had men waiting around the perimeter for the rest of the team.

As quickly as the men came, they fell. Connie was in no mood at all to deal with anyone who would try to prevent her from getting to Bucky; if they did, it was likely the last thing they would ever do, and the vast amount of bodies laying around her only helped prove that.

Connie let out a breath and placed her batons back into their quiver, ripping her eyes away from the numerous amount of unlucky officers on the ground. She started towards the facility once more, but stopped when the sound of rushed footsteps could be heard behind her. She spun around, ripping her pistol from its holster and aiming it, only lowering it when she noticed the source of the  footsteps was Steve.

"And here Coulson was worried that you were gonna get yourself killed because of Bucky," Steve said with a light chuckle.

Connie rolled her eyes and placed her pistol back into its holster, turning around to head towards the facility as she had originally planned to do. "I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself. No one needs to worry about me."

Steve was forced to run in order to catch up with her. "It's called caring about you, Connie," he said as he scoped their surroundings for any possible threats.

"Agent Jones, Captain Rogers, do you read?" Skye's voice sounded in the pair's ears.

"Affirmative," Steve confirmed.

"I'm mapping out both of your routes," she told them. "Getting into the building from where you are without being seen is going to be difficult. The closest concealed entrance to the facility is about 700 yards away."

"It's fine," Connie spoke as the two of them hurried toward the facility's main entrance, not at all shocked to find several Hydra guards hurrying towards them, their weapons at the ready. "We can handle this."

Connie pulled her batons from their casing and ran towards the guards, incapacitating as many as she could while Steve worked on the stray agents she had left behind. A final agent rushed toward her, but Connie swung her right arm with all her strength and connected the metallic baton to the side of the agent's face, effectively knocking the agent unconscious. She quickly placed her batons back into their quiver and grabbed her guns, shoving her way into the facility as she did. Shot after shot, Connie eliminated the agents coming after her and Steve on either side, much to Steve's approval.

"You're taking Coulson's 'don't hold back' advice very seriously," Steve teased her as the two ran through the large corridors of the facility, removing agents left and right.

Connie kicked an agent in the face and slammed another's head into a wall. "This mission isn't only me getting Bucky back—this mission is me getting my revenge for all the pain I've suffered through the years."

And Connie was right.

This mission for her was more than just getting Bucky back, but it was also an opportunity for her to make Hydra pay for everything they had not only put her through over the years, but Bucky and Steve as well. Of course, Steve had never been literally involved with the organization the way she and Bucky had been, but in a sense he had. Hydra had abused and mutilated the two people he cared about most in his life; Hydra had taken his best friends away from him. Connie knew Steve felt anger towards Hydra because of it, but she also knew he held more mercy than she ever could, and her lack of mercy was something she so unfortunately had to thank Hydra for.