♧The Pairing|Mad Love♧

//Chapter Eleven: The Pairing//

♤♢

Hisoka's POV

That thing Chrollo wants to obtain for himself, does it by any chance have to do with Y/N's memories?

Hmm so I'm assigned to steal the "Freya's Wrath" weapon thing huh?? It get's stronger as the user get's stronger it seems.... so it won't be very useful to me..

I sighed.

But obtaining it should be fun.

My thoughts were interrupted by Y/N' voice.

"Well, I can learn! And practice! I want to participate." She said sternly.

"And who would you learn from?" Chrollo asked, keeping his eyes on his book and occasionally shifting it everywhere but at Y/N.

"Well... well" She began.

She looked at the ground as she started to think. It was obvious she was hiding the embarrassment and awkwardness.

She was in a state of discomfort... I don't particularly like the expression of that.

But then, something occurred to me...

If I teach Y/N nen, not only would I be able to watch her grow into a worthy opponent, but she'll probably grow faster. Plus, it's not fair that Chrollo is making a move on finding out about her past, while I'm not doing anything. Not that I'm particularly interested in the memories itself, but what actually happened?

"Me." I said, as I stepped forward

As soon as my voice was let out, the two of them turned their head at me....

I smirked as I knew what was going on inside their heads.

Both of them were thinking, "Hisoka."

Except, Y/N's eyes widened with gratitude as her face displayed a shocked expression due to my sudden act of kindness.

On the other hand, Chrollo raised his eyebrow so slightly that almost I wouldn't have caught it. But obviously he was uncomfortable and suspicious.

Chrollo's POV

What is he planning on now... honestly this is such a pain.

Well hopefully, his actions won't interfere with mine.

The "Truth" thing that stranger told me about, being at the hotel on Saturday isn't a hoax.

"Truth" can uncover the truth about the past huh..? Y/N doesn't seem to care, but everything is so strange that it bothers me. I need to find out.

"Please!" Y/N pleads.

I look over to see her eyes wide open, staring into mine. Though she only said 'please', her eyes screamed for my permission.

"You have my permission. Try not to pull us back." I said.

Your POV

You smile as you tried to hide in your irked expression.

What did he mean, 'try not to pull us back.'??

Just who did he think you were. You were going to show him how badass you could be.

You skip over to Hisoka as you bow and thank him, again.

He just smiles a silent smile, and walks out, signaling for your follow.

After a few minutes of walking, you decided to speak.

"So.. how am I going to learn this?" You said.

Surely, walking could not be the way to achieve nen.

All of the sudden, Hisoka dashes in front of you as he pushes one hand onto the wall behind you, causing you to fall back onto the wall.

Face to face, you could hear his breath, as your foreheads were less than two inches away.

"I have high expectations, Y/N. If you fail to meet them, I'll dispose of you. After all, you are just a toy, for now. And as a bonus, you could play a significant role in getting me to fight Chrollo." He said, in an almost whisper.

His golden eyes stared straight into yours. There was something about that gaze that caused you shivers. It looked.... murderous, yet amused? There was also a hint of excitement.

You mentally laughed. After all, you realized that Hisoka's eyes were always like that.

"Wait, so you are using me for your own benefits?" You asked with your eyebrows raised, inching a little closer to show that you weren't afraid of him.

"Yes, no, maybe. I wouldn't use the word 'using'. I mean, we both benefit each other, so it's fine." He said.

You thought about what he said and nod.

"I want to become strong. I want to be come the strongest."

Hisoka chuckled.

"That's impossible as long as I still live. You have to work your own way to strong. I'm here for guidance. Do not misunderstand my intention. I am here to help you understand the basics of nen. It is your job to master it, and become strong enough to interest me."

You let out an annoyed sigh.

"It's so annoying being the weakest. I hate weakness." You complained.

"Really? They don't have much importance in my opinion, but are fun to destroy anyway." He said with an amused expression as he touched your hips.

You slapped his hand as he chuckled a little.

You sighed. This guy was definitely strange.

"Let's meet tomorrow at 12am at the fountain. We'll start then." He said before letting his hands off the wall and walking away with his back turned to you as he waved a little.

"Thanks again!" You shout.

He turns around.

'Check your butt' he mouths before turning the corner, at of your field of view.

What? You thought confused as you reached to touch your butt. You realize there was a piece of paper in you butt pocket.

You took it out and opened it. Inside said;

You claim that you hate weakness, but as far as I'm concerned, you are weak?? I look forward to tomorrow, Y/N. Don't be all words and impress me. Disappointment is the worst.

-Hisoka~

You crumpled the paper in your hand as you walked home annoyed.

"FUCK YOU PISS-OKA"