Chapter One: Raquel

I raced down the ridge. My ( name: Charm) wolf mecha-beast zooming past the trees of Quiet Lawn cavern. The slugs playing and enjoying a nice day. The wind brushes on my skin as I shiver a little, regretting not wearing an extra layer over my fitted, black jacket, and purple t-shirt. I swiped my dark, brunette hair out of my face as I turned into the town of Quiet Lawn. I rushed swiftly through the village and to the back streets.

   I saw out of the corner of my eye, my aqua-beak, Sprinkle, popped out of my backpack, her eyes sleepy as she struggled to stay awake.

"Morn'in, sleepy head!"I smiled at my little friend. She yawned and squeaked to me. Understanding I said... "It's only five in the morning, Sprink," (that was my nickname for her) she hyped at me. "I'm sorry but we had to, I have to tell Bex the news!" I said firmly.

"What news?" She said.

"Wait, till we get home, then I'll tell you what I heard," I said not wanting to say the story twice.

    After traveling for five minutes through the deep forest I came to the cave where me and my sister had been living in for a few years now. It was easy at first living off what they brought with them. But then when supplies ran out, it became harder trying to find anything and everything, but eventually they got comfortable with their new living style.

     I was never truly sure the reason we left home, my older sister just came running into my room one night saying how we needed to leave because she heard that mom was mad at us, and that she was going to beat us till we bleed.
I didn't believe it at first, I always thought mom was nice, and carrying, and loved us. But my twin told me I was wrong that I needed to wake up to reality, to go with her so she could protect so...

I went.

     And here I am today walking into a place that five years ago I never thought could be home but reality proved me wrong. As I walked in I said our code word out loud so she wouldn't think I was an intruder.

"Star-Crossed Twins!"

She walked out of our homemade storage room.

"Hey, Raquel!" She said with a bright smile on, and her aqua-beak rested on her shoulder and gave mine a wave.

"Hey Bex, and Drizzle!" I greeted both of them. "Okay, so I was out last night doing my usual Wednesday foraging when I came across a conversation with one of Blakk's lackeys. He was saying something about moving a boy- he said a name, a name you and me will find quite interesting-" I said trying to remember everything.

"What was the name?" She said curious.

"Holden," I said. "Does that ring a bell?" I asked wondering if she still remembered.

"Isn't that- wait no! You don't mean...No, No, No!" She said her head in her hands as she became furious.

"Yup, our baby brother..." I said finishing it, well shaking my head.

"I left her, thinking she would at least take care of her favorite child, but now she's gone and let him get kidnapped!?" She said her anger rising. "I can't believe her..." she trailed off.

"You know what this means?" I said knowing she was thinking the exact same thing.

"We going on a mission to save our brother!" She said grabbing her dual blasters from off a crate and attaching them to her holsters.

Hello, slugterra fans! Hoped you liked the chapter, and if I ever misspell or mispronounced a name of a slug or anything let me know other then that thanks for reading! And let me know what your favorite slug is for slugterra?