Chapter Three: Bex

We'd spent all night traveling the ninety-nine caverns(or what felt like it) the trees whistling in the wind as we had trekked through the jungle.

We had finally made it to the 'slugterrian Slugslinging festival'. The perfect place to get information on our brother whereabouts. Blakk definitely was going to be here either in spirit or person. Probably would have one of his henchmen supervise it anyway. Blakk usually was the main judge, he might be a cruel and insane man but he always-always- judged a slinger by his talent.

We looked in awe of all the decor and view, it was amazingly spectacular! The waterfall flowed in the background, and the arenas were decorated just so. With green blushes and trees and the luscious grass, it made you fall in the love with the scenery. Slingers, slugs, tents, mechas, you name it, it was here. But we had to continue so we ignored the view and went back to riding our mechas.

"You must be here for the competition!" A man stated instead of questioned. I turned my attention to him, my hood covering my hair and head.

"Uh, what competition?" I asked.

"Why the slugslinging one!" He said like I should have known that.

"No, were here to just watch," I said making up an excuse fast.

"No sense, don't be shy, I can see your blasters and slugs." He said mentioning toward them, I looked down at my slugs.

"But-" I said but was soon interrupted by him again.

"Tent's over there," he pointed, then walked away.

Great. I looked at my twin and she just shrugged, her eyes covered by her hoody as well. We made are way over to the tent, having no choice in the matter. Anyway, it would be easier to get information this way, right?

We walked up to the tent and parked are mechas on the side. People eyed me and my sister, thinking it unusual to see a person with a sniper strapped to someone's back. I looked back to my sister, and watched her reaction to people staring at her. Nothing. She was oblivious to it.

I grabbed the pen off the table and began to sign my name and information.

Rebecca Summers, age: 15, arena 2

Then handed the pen to my twin. She took it and scribbled down her own information.

Raquelya Summers, age: 15, arena 2

She put the pen down and we went back to our mechas, grabbing our gear, and headed to one of the practice arenas.

"Dude, I'm not lying, he's judging!" I heard someone say, I stopped and casually walked closer, my sister right behind.

"Guess I better give my A effort!" Another teenager said.

I got closer and said...

"Excuse me, I couldn't help but over hear, but who did you say was judging?" I said acting nicely.

"Uh... Eli Shane, only like the biggest legend since Will shane!" A guy said excitedly.

"Eli Shane is judging this competition!" I said suddenly overwhelmed. Perfect, this guy. I said to myself sarcastically.

"So you guys competing?" My sister said saving me from the conversation and switching the subject. She was certainly a life saver.

They continued the conversation, well I drowned it out...

I never really liked the guy, I mean I didn't hate him, but I did think he was very immature and stupid, but I'd never actually seen him in real life, I've only heard rumors. But my sister knew that.

"ELI!" I heard one person yell breaking me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see the one and only...

Eli Shane.

And the rest of the crew. I didn't know their names I'd only heard about them. They walked through on the path away on their mechas, waving like the celebrities they were. My sister rejoined me as we watched from the back of the crowd.

I watched as they hopped of their mechas and shook peoples hand and gave kids hugs.

"Arena 2 slingers!" I heard a voice call over the intercom system. "If you will please make your way over we will begin the competition!" I looked at my sister and mouthed...

This is where the fun begins!

Hey guys! I want to say thanks for reading my book means a lot, also here is a picture that I drew myself of my character Bex...