Chapter Seven: Eli

I watched her and her other friend walk off. I was speechless at what she just said. Ugh. Girls! I waved her off. If she didn't want my help, then fine! I turned and started walking back towards the arena.

I saw a woman, about thirty years of age, it looked like she was crying. She sat on a crate by the wall. Her facial expression was pale. The contest could wait. I walked up to her.

"Ma'am, are you okay?" I said as I touched her shoulder to get her attention. Her body jumped at my touch, I backed up from her a bit.

"Oh no, you see it's my son-he's been taken..." She trailed off.

"Taken by who?" I inquired.

"By-by Dr. Blakk." She said almost like she was terrified.

"Why would he do that?" I said confused, Dr. Blakk was ruthless and mean sure, but taking children? Why?..

"He said I didn't pay him! But I had no money that I owed him! I swear."

"No worries, ma'am, I'll get your son back." I smiled trying to lift her spirits.

"You would?" She said probably confused as to why a stranger would help her.

"Of course, that is unjust!"

"Thank you! Thank you!" She said taking my hand and shaking it. "What is your name, so that I may remember your kindness?"

"Eli-Eli Shane."

"The name sounds familiar- but anyways thank you!"

"Your welcome!" I said as I walked away from her. I'd have to forget about the contest this had to be a top priority. Who knows what Blakk's doing or has already done to him. The thought was horrifying. In order to save him we needed to leave now! I made my way to the bleachers.

"Cord, Trixie!" I called out. They walked over to me.

"Ya, what is it Eli?" They both said at the same time.

"I'll tell you later, but right now we need to go!" I said.

"On it!" Trixie said we all scattered towards our mecha's.

Lucky was off to the side of the fence. I went and hopped on. The engine roaring to life at the press of a button. Burby climbed on to my shoulder, and Chiller, Banger, and Rookie jumped into their glass pods. They gave me a nod and we headed over to the others.

"Ready?" I said as we stopped right next to Trixie.

"Let's go!" And with that we headed off to save the little boy. What we didn't know is we were going to run into a lot of unexpected visitors.

<><><><><><><><><>

Bex P.O.V.

"Are you sure they went this way?" Raquel asked atop her mecha.

I put down my tech pad and looked ahead of us. The path had already been trampled down due to all the travelers we passed. The mossy branches hung low making us duck a few times. The sounds of buzzing creatures filling the void of this swampy area.

"Positive," I said, then went back to my tech pad.

"Why did you put a tracking device on him?" My dear sister asked once more. I sighed, then looked at her.

"Never mind that..." I trailed off. She didn't need to know yet. She wasn't ready to hear the full story. Mostly because I wasn't ready to tell her the truth. "Raquel, look!" Bex pointed towards a group of people riding mechas on the ridge below them.

"It's them!" Raquel said as she looked to where her sister said.

"Come on, we need to follow them." Bex said, motioning for her sister. They picked up the pace a bit to keep up with them. All of a sudden a ramstone slug came out of nowhere, and hit me in the stomach. I never had a chance to react. It had put so much force in its punch, I went flying off my mecha.

The pain shooting through me as I my body hits the ground.