Chapter Six: Raquel

"...I heard they were moving him to Salagmight17 prison, it's about a two day journey from here..."

  That was all I heard as I stood there back against the wall listening to the conversation around the corner. I couldn't make out much, but it was enough. We finally had a clue now, so hopefully it paid off.

   I had to tell my sister and we needed to leave right away if we were going to make it to him before hey reached the prison. If they reached the prison there was no way we were going to break him out...

  That horrid thought cross my mind and as fast as it came I tossed it away. That wasn't an option! I looked at my aqua beak (sprinkle) and she gave me a reassuring nod of determination. I put my sniper blaster on my back and headed towards the arena, putting my full-head mask over my face.

  I was pushed through the crowd, I felt myself being slammed from body to body! Ugh! I hate crowds! My sister is the one who gets up close an personal with most things...

  I finally made it to the fence of the arena. And watched as my sister flipped over a rock firing her blaster in mid air. I smiled and that's why she's the show off. The crowd cheered loudly at this! The judges looked impressed. As my eyes passed through the crowd, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I grabbed it and turned around to see my intruder.

  He had blonde hair and was taller than me. He wore a tan vest and white shirt and... oh no! He wore Dr. Blake's emblem! I got nervous and scared, I was never this close to my targets! Luckily I was wearing a mask so he couldn't see the fear...

  I didn't even hear the speaker say the scores or notice the round was over. I slowly clenched my fist ready to punch if necessary.

"Hey, what's your name?" He said.

Breathe in. Out. Just act normal. Your sisters got your back.. but she's to busy right now. O my goodness!

"Er.. uh.. Carolyn!" I blurted out.

"Cool, I liked your blaster and wanted to come over and talk to the owner!" He said gently. I slowly inched a bit away from him. I looked back at my blaster and then my slug. She growled at him sensing my fear.

"That's an aqua beak slug, right?!" He said looking at my best friend. He bent down to pet it on my shoulder but Sprinkle tried to but him, he jumped surprise.

"Ya, she doesn't like strangers..." I trailed off.

"It's all good, slugs have a mind of their own-" but before I could reply or say anything I heard a blaster activate behind me. I turned my head to see my twin pointing the blaster at the guy I was talking, too. Phew!

"Can I help you?" She said in a firm threatening tone.

"Hey?! It's none of your business!" He said his hand reaching for his blaster as he scooted my sister towards him.oh no he didn't!

"That's my sister, now take your hands off her! Then leave us alone-" My sister was cut off my the sound of yet another blaster activating.

"Do as the lady says, Twist?" Great! Eli Shane...

  He put his hands up.

"I was just having a polite conversation, no need to be all bosy Eli!" He retorted.

"Ya, the dude's right, I had this covered!" My sister snapped back at Eli. Twist walked off. As my sister turned to Eli putting her dual blasters up.

"Look, I was just trying to help?" He said defensively.

"Well we don't need your help!" She yelled back at him as we walked away from the competition.