Chapter Five: Bex

Speaker:

"The list for event and line ups is posted! The first trickshot contestant will be up in five minutes!"

We started walking towards the board. All the slingers were huddled around. But after some pushing and some shoving, we made it through! I read the list and then turned to my twin see my twin smirking at me.

"You were first as a child and now your first here!" She laughed, but I groaned. They were calling my name and I turned and headed toward the arena I was assigned to.
I walked into the arena.

I looked at everyone watching me, then I turned to the judges... all the judges were busy talking-except one. He was look directly at me!

Eli.

I turned away, maybe blushing a little. I sat on the rock in the center and waited. I heard the target pop out and knew exactly where it was, I leaned back on the rock and grabbed Drizzle, my aquabeak, as I lay upside down. I flipped off the rock right as Drizzle hit the target right on the spot. She flew back down and landed on my shoulder.

Ramstones were fired at me from the left side of the arena. I backflipped and jumped to the side firing a needler.

All of a sudden, a robotic dummy popped up and fired rapidly. I dropped and dodged. I grabbed Watt -my taserlink- and Drizzle -my aqua beak- and fired them both with my dual blasters. Drizzle came in first and did a hurricane of water all over the robot, then Watt shot an electrical burst towards the water stream, making the robot fall to the ground. They both hopped back to me, I congratulated them.

One.Last.Shot.

I had to make it through these obstacles, with my slug and fire at the perfect moment. So I began to pick up speed as I ran through the obstacles leaping over fallen trees and brush. The ridge...

I pulled out my ramstone, loaded it my blaster, all well running, then jumped over the edge of the cliff, and fired.
I put my second blaster on my side and grabbed my Webber -my aracnid slug- and fired her, grabbing onto the trail of string she left behind and pulled myself up.

I made it to the top and was greeted by applause, and a standing ovation. I was taken back by this. The judges started walking down to congratulate me. I grabbed my slugs and put them in their shells.

The first to reach me had a nametag on him that said bob, he wore a yellow jacket, and brown pants, and was a bit beefy; but definitely energetic!

"Hey, kid! That was some raw talent out there, you really impressed me, good job! I hope to see you in some more competitions." He shook my hand, and walked off.

"Hi, my name's Logan- I saw your skills out there and just wanted to say you had a lot of talent and potential, good work!" And with that he left. Now it was Eli's turn.

"Hey there, I'm Eli Shane..." he stay scratching his head well he paused. "I like the connection you have with your slugs, it very unique! Um... and your skills are amazing! How long have you been slinging?"

I huffed but answer his question.

"Since I was five..."

"Wow, five years old. That's awesome! We loved to have you on the Shane gang team, if your ever interested?!" He asked with a big grin.

"Thanks, I'll think about it?" I said as it came out like a question. I gave him a pretend smile and started to walk away.

"Didn't catch your name?" He asked grabbing my arm.

What is with him and asking so many questions!
I turned around and smiled.

"Bex..." I said leaving a trail of questions for him to figure out.