Chapter Four: Eli

We finally made it to Riversdance cavern, and we're now walking through the town to the festival area, when a whole bunch of people came up to us crowding us. I casual waved, surprised by all the fans.

"When did you get more popular, then Pronto?" Trixie snickered. I laughed, too. We got off our mechas and walked over to a guy who had a headset on. I tapped him on the shoulder, and he turned around.

"Hi, I'm Eli Shane, I'm hear for the trickshot and duel competitions..." I paused and scratched my head. "I'm one of the judges," I said hoping he knew something.

"Eli Shane, huh?" He said still looking down.

"Yes, sir!" I said holding my hand out for him to shake. He looked at it, then to me. He put his hand out and shook it.

"I knew your father, you've got his eyes- filled with determination and kindness," I smiled at the complement, I always liked it when people compared me to my dad- I wanted to be just like him." Your table right over there." He motioned.

"Thank you, sir!" I kindly said.

"Ah, no problem kid, anything for Will Shane's kid," he smiled a reassuring grin and walked off.

"We'll be over by the crowded seats, Eli." Crowd said as the rest of the Shane gang headed off.

  I started towards the table where the judges were, trying to see if I recognized any. There was one guy I didn't know, but I did know the other one, his name was Bob from the sports channel. I walked over and smiled...

"Hey, guys!" I said.

"Hey, buddy, glad you could make it!" Bob had said.

I gave him a fist bump and shook the other guys hand, after he told me his name- Logan. I settled in my chair, and put my hands behind my head as I relaxed a little bit. Between fighting doctor blakk and keeping slugterra safe, I really hadn't had much freetime.

So I was going to make the best of today. The other judges went to go get drinks well I stayed to observe the slugslingers practicing. There were a few I knew, but many were new and I had never seen before. Two especially, their shots were so insink I could have sworn they were the triplets. They wore mask and a hood that covered their faces.

One was accented with Caribbean blue, she wore an a athletic dress that went to her thighs and leggings beneath that, she slung with dual blasters.

The other one wore gray pants with a purple slinger jacket, and wore a blacker leather jacket that covered it. She was slinging with what I assumed was a sniper rifle.
They both had aquabeaks on their shoulders-

My mind broke off from what I was thinking when I turned around in my chair to the commotion.

It was Twist! Behind him trailed a few of blacks guards.
Great, when I thought day was going to be full of relaxation.I got up from my chair and walked over.

"What are you doing here, Twist?" I said my tone full of anger, and hurt.

"I'm just here to enjoy the competition, Eli."he said in his innocence little way, I gritted my teeth.

"Ya, right, Twist! What are you really doing here?!" I took a step forward. My hand hovering over my blaster. Burby growled in agreement.

"Easy, Eli, wouldn't want to ruin every ones fun!" He said laughing to himself. I looked arpund, he had a point, but I still had my eye on him, I swear if he made one move Burby was going to roast him! I watched him walk away. I looked at Burby and said...

"I'm never going to get any free time off am I?" Burby nodded. "Guess, that's just what comes with the job!" I smiled and we went back to our seat.

Let the games begin!