7

*Flashback*

"Nothing you do is good enough." Mistah J whispered to the person next to me. It was a hazing technique that he put us through to see if we would break. And she did. They always did. Except me. I was the strongest. The toughest. I could take anything. Nothing could break me.
That night all the other girls were slaughtered. None of them were strong enough. Not for Mistah J's army. They beat me. Tortured me. Waited for me to break.
But I never did. I was the strongest. The most powerful. But I was about to be brainwashed. They did this monthly. Just enough to forget what went on during the month but never enough to forget what you did to people. Another hazing technique I suppose.

"Jordyn!" Someone shouted bringing me back to reality. I was still shooting my gun even though there was no longer any lumpy monster faces to shoot. Deadshot helped me off the police car. He grabbed my hand and I jumped off of it.
"Sorry." I said looking down.
"Don't be." He said whispering to me.
"That. That was bad ass!" Harely screamed after beating one of the already dead aliens.
"Agreed!" Said an Australian voice that I hadn't heard in forever. Apparently I had been so spaced out everywhere I hadn't even noticed him.
"Digger!" I said locking my eyes on his. I hadn't seen him in 10 years. Not since Mistah J was in Arkham, when I had to work odd jobs. That was one of the greatest times of my life. And now he is here. The last time I saw him I was only 13. He was like a father to me. I ran to him and jumped in his arms. He hugged me tightly.
"How's ma baby girl doin?" He whispered into my ear.
"I'm good" I said into his chest. "How are you?" I pulled away and looked into his eyes.
"Perfect, now that I've spoken to you!" He said and I started to blush.
"Alright, alright." Flag said. "If I see anymore lovey dovey shit,  I might just puke." I turned to him and hissed in his direction, then grabbed Digger's hand and started swinging it. He squeezed it and asked me "Are you sure you're okay love? Nobody hurt you?"
"If they had they are no longer breathing." I said back and giggled. He laughed in his Australian accent which made me giggle more. God it's good to be alive.