10

*Flashback*

"No!" I screamed as I dreamt. It has been a month since the Joker got locked up and we've tried every way to get him out but we can't seem to do it. And every night I have dreams of the tortures he has put me through.
"Hey." Someone's voice said softly penetrating my dream. "Hey, Rosa, despiértate." A sweet voice said. I fluttered my eyes opening slowly. As soon as I do I see the heavily tattooed man in front of me.
"I'm sorry, Chato." I said to him. "I don't mean to make so much noise."
"It's fine little sis. Don't worry about it. We all have bad dreams. Now come down breakfast is ready." He smiled.

I was shaken out of my dream by Floyd.
"Hey you okay boo?" He asked. I smiled remembering that was my nickname when we worked together.
"Yea." I said. "I just need to talk to someone." I looked ahead and powerwalked to El Diablo.
"Hey Chato!" I said about five paces behind him.
"Rosa?!?" He said turning around in confusion. Apparently he hadn't seen me.
"We need to talk." I said hugging him. He nodded and we walked slowly behind the others to make sure they couldn't hear us.
"What you did in that building back there was amazing" I said to him, then continued before he could inturupt. "Look I get it, I'm sorry for that night. It was the day I left. The day I said I would never come back and that I never wanted to see you again. So that whole situation is honestly my fault. I'm so sorry Chato." He grabbed my hand and stopped me from walking further.
"Rosa, this was in no way your fault." He said with sincerity in his eyes.
"It wasn't yours either. So you need to stop with this baby routine you've got going. Embrace your powers. You're a weirdo. Own it! Own that shit! Cuz whether you like it or not it's who we are." I looked into his eyes and all I saw was little sparks of hope. Someone finally got through to him. His little sister whom no one knew. Not even the government knew they were related. His little sister who left and said she hated him. His little sister who was the cause of all his pain. His little sister was the only one who could make him see that his 'worlds worst monster' routine was bullshit. He grabbed me tightly around the waist and pulled me in for a hug.
"Thank you" he whispered into my ear. Then a yell from Flag saying "Guys I've found it" referring to Amanda's helicopter I assume, made me and Chato break apart and walk on forward.  Being the best villains we can be.