Chapter Seven

"Thank you Mira!" I say as I walked out the house before she realized which shoes I chose. By the time Mira was done waving my hair and doing my make up it was already six thirty. I said my quick goodbyes and she told me to grab a pair of heels out of her closet before leaving. I grabbed a pare of black vans, I can't walk in heels like most girls my age, I am to clumsy for that. And technically I'm not lying, it agreed to not wear my converse, she never said I couldn't wear vans. Heels just aren't me, And Connor said he wanted to see the real me. Plus I didn't want to fall in this dress, though it really doesn't matter because I can be barefoot and still manage to trip over nothing. Mira was to busy talking to John on the phone to have noticed. I walked three houses down till I reached my house and I ran up stairs to grab my keys and I quickly made my way to the garage.
**
I pull up to Midnight Lights to see Connor sitting on the huge fountain out side of the restaurant. I walk up to him to see that he was mumbling the words "don't be nervous. Don't be ner-" "Why would you be nervous?" I ask startling him. " oh I uh- Hi Jade! Wow you look gorgeous " he says standing up to tower over me. "Oh thank you" I say shyly ",you look very handsome yourself" I say observing his suit. "Thanks, these are for you." He says reaching down then handing me a bouquet of different types of flowers. "They're beautiful thank you" I say quietly as he hands me the flowers "Of course, shall we" he says grabbing my hand leading the way to our table.
We sat outback on the deck, it was breath taking. The sun was setting and the sound of the crickets chirping and the fountain flowing was so peaceful. After ordering our food Connor and I talked about how distressed our waitress looked. She was a beautiful tall blonde with her hair thrown in a messy bun and dark circles under her eyes, with effortless makeup to try and cover it up.  When she came back with out food, Connor asked her how her day was going she quietly responded with a forced smile "Great how about your day sir?" Connor looked up at her with a unamused look, then said "fantastic because I'm out with this beautiful girl right here, now how was your day really?" He asks glancing over at me with a smile. "To be honest stressful, I barely got any sleep with college and this job. I only got this job to pay my collage debt, but the people here barely tip anything," She says throwing her arms up. ",but thank you for asking. Enjoy your meal!" She says with the same forced smile as before ",oh and you guys make a really cute couple by the way." She says with what looked like her real smile and walked away. "That poor waitress" I say picking up my fork. "Yeah I know how tiring she must feel. When my uncle fell into debt I had to work three part time jobs to help him pay it off" Connor says looking over his shoulder at the struggling waitress. "I'm sorry you had to go through that." I say watching him. He turns back towards me with a smile " No worries I love helping people." He picks up his fork then slowly looks up at me with a huge grin plastered onto his face. "What? What is that face for?" I ask waving my fork towards him. "We make a cute couple." He says wiggling his eyebrows then giggles. "One step at a time lover boy" I say with a giggle. The rest of the night was filled with conversations about random things from favorite colors to life goals. By the end of the night Connor has only been getting more and more attractive with every word he says. He is caring, and sweet In more ways I thought possible, he is independent, and he lives a somewhat similar lifestyle as me. I've been trying to find a flaw but I haven't noticed one slightest set off. He paid the bill and tipped the clearly distressed waitress twenty dollars to help with her collage debt,and because I didn't have any money to help out I left a motivational note on the back of one the place cards that were on the table. The waitress stops us at the door and hugs us both goodbye.
As we walk out front I start to wonder how this is supposed to end. Would I get to kiss him again. If so would he make the first move or would I have to. If I had to, then we weren't going to kiss because I cant ever find the will to make a move. Or will this end with a  hug or just a simple goodbye. We then reached my car and I turned around to face him "I had a great time tonight, I do hope you did too." I say rubbing my arms to keep them warm. After awhile the night started to get a bit cold. Connor moves in closer rubbing my arms for me "I did" he replies with a smile. He then kisses my forehead then looks me in the eyes, then at my lips. He cups my face and is about to kiss me when my phone starts ringing . The song Kick Me by Sleeping With Sirens broke into the nights air. "I-I'm sorry I should probably get this its my mother" I say with a sigh "oh y-yeah no problem" he says with a small smile, he steps away so I can answer the phone in private. "Hello?" I say hoping this will be a quick conversation "Jade, where are you? I need to talk to you. It's important. Can you please hurry home" she says quietly "Um yeah sure I'm on my way. Are you okay? mom are you crying?" I ask sounding concerned "let's just talk about his when you get here, okay just please hurry" she says rushing the conversation along. "Um okay I'll talk to you in a bit okay, bye." I hang up the phone and I looked up to Connor causing him to walk back towards me. "Everything okay?" He asks "Uh I'm not sure, my mom needs me home, which is weird considering she never notices me when I'm there." I said taking my keys out of my purse ", I'm sorry but I guess I have to go, like right now" I say with a sympathetic look. "It's alright I understand she needs you, just text me when you get there okay?" He says grabbing my face causing me to stop rustling my keys around "I promise" I say looking at his lips. He then kisses me softly but surly satisfying goodnight, different from the make out session from last night. This kiss was sweet, kind of like he was meaning to leave me wanting more, and I did. He then opens my door for me. "Goodnight Julie I had a great time with you hope to do this again soon" he said looking down at me I smile and look up to the smiling teen above me. "Me too. Goodnight Adams. I'll text you" I say closing my door.

**
A/N
Vote Comment and Share!
I'm sorry if this story sucks, if it does please tell me. I'll take the criticism. If you like it tell me! I want to know what you guys think.
Also if you have any or your stories you'd like me to read comment the names and I will.
If you guys have any suggestions for this story please comment that also. Thank you!
-Stay beautiful
-Stay pure
-Stay strong!!