chapter 8

ONE WEEK LATER

The last week went well. There's some rumors that Cas and Abbadon are a thing but I don't believe it's true. I'm hardly ever at home and much less talk to my family. My grades have been going down but it's like I don't even care anymore.

~

I walk out of the school bathroom and immediately joined by Cas. I smile as he grabs my hand. "So what do you think about skipping school and going somewhere?" He asks me. "Er, where would we go?" I question. "We could go to a lake out in the middle of nowhere...?" He suggests. "Uh, yeah let's go." I say with a smile and a nod. There was a part of me that still wanted to be good and not skip but I just shove it to the back of my mind. "Great." He says.

We look around for any teachers that would notice us skipping school. There is none. We continue and run out to his motorcycle. I hop on the back not bothering to put a helmet on. Then we take off.

We arrive at nowhere. Literally, just woods. I look at him confused. "We walk the rest of the way." He explains then starts walking. I follow after him.

We arrive at a big lake. It was pretty. Woods surrounds it and the sun reflects off the water, geese are swimming in the lake, and birds are flying high in the blue clear sky.

I look back at Cas who was leaning on a tree and lighting a cigarette. "It's beautiful." I say walking over to him. "Yeah it is, this is where I usually come to think or to get away from everything. No one else knows about this place." He says blowing smoke out of his mouth. "Why are you opening up so much to me? Why me? Whats so special about me?" I blurt out. Those questions have been lingering around in my head for a long time now. "Ha! Because I like and trust you Dean." He answers. I don't reply because I'm not so sure what to say.

We stand in silence for a few minutes both of us leaning on separate trees. I look over to Cas who was still smoking a cigarette. I push up off my tree and walk over to him. My fingers wrap around the cigarette and I take it from his mouth. He looks at me confused then I put the cigarette in my mouth. His lips curl into a smile then he blows out the last bit of smoke he had in his mouth. I suck in then take the cigarette out and blow the smoke out. "You like it?" He ask taking back the cigrette. "Yeah it's, uh, nice." I reply with a small nod and smile.

He gives me my own cigarette and we sit on the ground leaning on the tree staring at the water in silence.

"Have you ever danced?" I ask breaking the silence. "Yeah, and you know that..." He replies. "No, I mean slow dance." I correct myself. "Er not really..." He answers looking at the ground. I put my cigarette out and stand up. "Here," I say while taking his cigarette and stomping it on the ground. "C'mon." I grab his hands and pull him to his feet. I drag him out into the middle of the field.

"Don't we like, need music to dance?" He asks. "Not necessarily." I answer. I put his hands on my hips and wrap mine around his neck. He catches on real quickly---you know after like stepping on my toes a bazillion times.

"You know the whole me and Abbadon thing is fake, right?" He asks while we dance."Yeah." I reply resting my head on his chest/shoulder. "Good. cause I don't want rumors getting to you and ruining our relationship." He says pressing his lips to the top of my head. "Me neither..."

We've been dating for about two and a half months now and I really didn't want things to go bad.

I certainly didn't get what I want cause one week later things started going down.

It almost seems like Cas is trying to ignore me. He stopped walking me to my classes and eating lunch with me at school. He barely hangs out with me after school and whenever he goes to hang out with friends he doesn't bring me. I hardly ever sleep at his house anymore due to him being gone and not talking to me.

I shift positions in his chair that is in his room. He said he would be home at eight and its already eleven. What the heck is he doing? I ask myself. I brush my hand through my hair.

About thirty minutes later Cas opens the door to his bedroom and walks in.

"What the hell Cas?!" I yell standing up. "You say your going to be here at eight then don't come till three and a half hours later?! What the fuck is that?!" I scream.

Before he gets the chance to reply I mutter: "Maybe the school was right, you and Abbadon are a thing." Then storm out the room.  "Whoa whoa whoa." I here him call after me. I keep walking towards the front door  then his hand catches my bicep and pulls me to a stop. "Let me go!!! I'm  done with your bullshit Cas!!" I scream trying to get away from his tight grip. All of a sudden he presses his lips to mine shutting me up. I pull back confused. Before I get the chance to say something else he says: "Shut up. Just shut the fuck up. Now we need to talk. I am NOT with Abbadon and that needs to get through your head. Ok?" I nod in reply. A tear slides down my cheek and I look away trying to calm down. "Don't cry. Please don't cry baby." I wipe the tear away and look back at him. "Why have you been ignoring me then?" I ask. "Dean I havn't been ignoring you I just needed some me time, plus I've been quiet busy, I'm sorry I'll try to start making more time for you." He says. "It's okay." I say even tho I don't completely believe him.

"I've had a pretty rough day, and would like to get some sleep, will you join me?" He asks. "No, uh, I think I'm gonna just go home and sleep." I decline. "Are you sure?" He questions. "Yeah, see you tomorrow." I say then walk off.

I sneak up to my room trying to be quiet. I shut the door then lay on my bed and sigh then try to fall asleep.