VI

While Katherine may have had a crush of sorts on Peter, that did not mean she certainly couldn't be frustrated with him

She sighed and squeezed the edge of the table as the tension in the room quickly increased. She stood across from Peter, in between Susan and Edmund as they tried to formulate a plan on how to reclaim the castle.

Peter shook his head and let out a sigh,
"It's only a matter of time. Mirazs' men and war machines are on their way, prepared to destroy us. Which means those same men aren't protecting his castle."

Katherine and Caspian shared a look, both knowing the massive amount of forces there were behind those walls.

"What do you propose we do, sire?" Reepicheep asked from his position next to Trufflehunter.

Caspian and Peter both opened their mouths,
"We-"
"Our-"

The two looked at one another, Caspian sighed and nodded for Peter to continue.

"Our only hope at this moment is to strike them before they strike us." Peter said confidently, Katherine and Edmund looked at each other like he'd gone mad.

Before Katherine could speak up her brother did. Caspian turned to Peter in a state of disbelief,
"That is crazy, no one has ever taken that castle."

"There's always a first time." Peter shot back as if it was obvious.

"At least we would have the element of surprise." Trumpkin said in support of Peter.

"Take it from people who have lived in that castle their whole lives. It is not possible to take that castle, even if they have less troops behind those walls, it still isn't possible." Katherine tried to reason with Peter as they met eyes.

The two stared at one another before turning their attention to Caspian as he said,
"I agree with my sister, besides why would we go attack them when we have the advantage here?"

"If we dig in, we could probably hold them off indefinitely." Susan pointed out to Peter from Katherine's other side.

"I, for one, feel safer underground." Trufflehunter spoke up from one of the rocks.

Peter sighed and turned his attention to Caspian,
"Look, I appreciate what you've done, but this isn't a fortress- its a tomb."

Peter turned his attention to Katherine as she gave him a pleading look,
"If we march there, we are marching directly into innocent people's homes. There are many soldiers who will fight twice as hard to defend their families from harm."