IX

Caspian and Katherine shared a brief look, not speaking but knowing exactly what the plan was

  Caspian and Katherine shared a brief look, not speaking but knowing exactly what the plan was. Caspian saw a spark in her dark eyes, her cheeks heating up with fury. Her anger was clear as day, but she was clearly trying to keep herself calm.  After their whole lives of only having one another, they knew each other better than anyone else. Caspian had always tried to protect his younger sister, but he no longer needed to.

Caspian had been the first one to hold her after she was born. Birthing a child was always a life threatening act but no one had suspected that the Queen would fall victim to its clutches.

Queen Isabella should have been able to hold her daughter but she never had the chance.

Caspian snapped out of his memories as Katherine grabbed his hand, shooting him a questioning look. Caspian squeezed her hand back and they headed down the hill and towards their friends. The Pevensies all stood by one another as they watched the pair head down the hill, looking like they were on a mission.

Before them stood nine soldiers that held their three friends captive. Katherine took in each of their appearances as she and Caspian drew closer. She noticed how their hands were bound and they had had all of their weapons taken from them. Out of the three Celine easily looked the most relaxed, which was very fitting of her personality. She could almost see Rowan's pure annoyance at the fact that Celine wasn't concerned in the slightest. She was relaxed, a smirk settled on her lips as she watched her two friends draw closer. Rowan, who was the shortest of the three, was quietly snapping at Celine. The dark haired girl wanted her to be nervous at the fact that Telemarine soldiers stood behind them with sharp swords. Bash stood on the other side of Rowan and shot the siblings a relieved look, clearly irritated with his two companions.

Katherine felt utter relief at the sight of her friends uninjured and perked at the sight of the soldiers. These men were young, not well trained, they wouldn't be hard to take on or convince- whichever kept the violence to a minimum. She and Caspian shared one more look before they confronted the soldiers.

"I am Princess Katherine of Telemar and this is my brother, Prince Caspian of Telemar. We have come to retrieve Lady Celine, Lady Rowan, and Lord Bash." Katherine said calmly, her hand resting on the hilt of her sword, her confidence clear as day.

"We have clear instructions from King Miraz to not return these traitors to you unless you surrender your army to him." One of the soldiers said, his voice slightly shaky, as he recited Miraz's statement.

Katherine and Caspian shared another look, Miraz had been named king? Katherine shook her head, she would deal with that later. Caspian frowned as he stared down the soldiers,
"Traitors? What crimes have they committed?"