Chapter 1

Akira's P.O.V

It was in the wee hours of the evening. The sun shone a bright and deep orange hue, saying a long goodbye to the world as it ever so slowly, went down beyond the horizon. Slowly walking towards the nearest train station a distance away from me to catch a train, I stayed on high alert, in case something or someone suddenly appears from when I least expected it.

The tingling sensation I have been feeling through my back since this morning have not been going away, telling me that something will happen later on in the day.... and it gives me the creeps. And I'm hungry too...

People of all ages walked past me, all eyes kept looking at me up and down before moving on to their destination.

'Of course they would look. A girl of teenage age is walking around, dried blood visible on her skin, wearing dirty clothing with rips here and there together with an eye patch on. Who would not look? I haven't been shopping for any new clothes for days either and the last time I cleaned myself was 4 days ago. What's the point? I would get myself injured and it would just dirty my clothing again. Running from them is not easy...'. I thought and gave a long sigh.

"Oh how I wish my life was different..." I mumbled.

#####

As I was walking past a bridge, the colour of hair as white as snow in particular caught my eye. I stopped walking altogether and looked down the bridge onto the stretch of grass, eyes searching for that snow white hair. Once spotted, I looked at the white-haired boy with confusion and curiosity. He was staring to the sky with wide eyes, like they are going to pop out of their sockets if he strained them more.

'That person... wait....pyjamas? Is he wearing pyjamas?! His pyjamas are ripped too... Poor guy. Bad things must have happened before he came here.' I looked at him with pity in my eyes, then thought back about myself.

'Although, I can't say much, since I have a lot of things on my hands too.' And with that, I let out another sigh again.

All of a sudden the boy went on his knees and face-planted the floor with a loud thud, his ass facing the sky for it to be hit. 'Wow, dramatic much? I would give him an applause if he as acting, because it was very amusing and funny hahaha~' I giggled, fully amused.

'WAIT A SECOND, THIS IS NO TIME TO LAUGH! HE JUST FACE-PLANTED THE FLOOR!!'. I internally screamed.

I quickly walked down the ledge, brisk-walking towards the boy who looks around my age as I waved my left hand up in the air to catch his attention if possible. As I came closer to him, he suddenly punched the floor and slowly pushed himself up from the floor. I stopped my walk and stood a small distance away from him, watching in amusement as he muttered words I could not hear clearly. Then suddenly he stopped and looked like he is remembering something, before dropping limp to the ground again. Then, out of the blue, he stood up immediately yet again.

"Urusai! URUSAI! URUSAAIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!" He screamed.

'Wow... what the...?' I stood there in confusion and bewilderment.

"Die in a ditch?" He questioned to no one in particular. My ears perked up from those words, listening to him attentively. "I'm not going to die! I'm going to live no matter what it takes."

Then he turned around, his back now facing the river as he face the small road in front of him on top the ledge, not paying any heed or attention to my figure from his right a small distance away.

"Okay! I will rush to the first person who comes along and rob them of everything they have! I have to!"

A second later his face changed from confidence to shocked then to fear. "No...I can't catch a person on the motorcycle, nor can I catch military police men on training..." He mumbled.