Chapter 13

A/N: Enjoy~~ ^^ 

~{Edited}~

3rd Person's P.O.V

Driving off into the distance, the car came to a stop near an area where it would either bring anyone to tears or sadness to arise in their soul. A place everyone will go to one day as their time limit on the world ends.

Kneeling down on his legs, Kunikida put the bounquet of flowers he bought before coming here on one of the many graves as he put his hands today and prayed. Bringing his hands down, he lifted his head to see the name carved in the stone, eyes not leaving it.

Sasaki walked over to Kunikida as she stood beside him. You're visiting the graves of those who have lost their lives?" She asked the yellow-haired man as she herself kneel down a little in front of the grave to place her own bouquet of flowers beside Kunikida's ones.

"Yeah.", came Kunikida's reply as he stood, giving Sasaki space to pray too. "When I first caused casualties during a job, I cried so much I couldn't get up, and I took time off from work without leave." Kunikida gaze continues to linger on the gravestone as he spoke. "But now, I don't even shed a tear. I just choose to visit their graves in exchange, or that's how I think of it."

Standing up, Sasaki stared into the distance. "Will the dead be comforted by tears?" She questioned softly. "I doubt they'd be comforted or redeemed by tears." Kunikida replied solemnly. "After all, their time stopped at the moment of their deaths."

Mouth forming a thin line, Sasaki spoke a second later. "I confess I told a lie earlier. My significant other and I parted ways because he died."

"I see..."

"What you said is true... Time is no longer has meaning for the dead. No matter what I may do for him, he cannot rejoice in it, nor smile because of it.."

Just then, the bell from the church behind them rang out the moment Sasaki finished her sentence. Kunikida tuned his head slightly to look at Sasaki on his left, but kept his mouth shut. So Sasaki spoke first as she turned fully and face Kunikida, closing her eyes and hanging her head low. "I lost my composure without meaning to. I have something I must attend to. Excuse me." Turning to walk away from the area, she said her good byes without turning back.

Seeing her walk away, Kunikida opened his mouth to call out for her, but was stopped by his phone ringing.

*RING ... RING ... R--*

"Hello?" Kunikida spoke into the phone as he picked up the call without looking at the caller ID.

"Kunikida-kun? I need you for something."

## >> Time Skip >> ##

Parking the car near to the abandoned hospital they were at previous nights before, Kunikida walked into the building and met up with a familiar brown-haired man who was sitting on a chair.

Rolling his eyes in annoyance, Kunikida huffed, talking with a certain man who called for him. "What do you want here, of all places?"

Holding out a thumbdrive, Dazai spoke, eyes not leaving the ground. "What do you think this is? It is a survey of Yokohama we found on a computer in their hideout. Surprisingly, it concludes that eradicating the Agency is the first priority in order to take control of Yokohama."

Kunikida's eyes widened as he questioned more. "And not the Port Mafia, who controls the underworld?"

Lifting his head to look at the thumbdrive in his hand, Dazai replied back. "They were being manipulated with false information."