Special Chapter 26 (Part 2)

Previously:

Frowning at the knob on the door, I look back at Dazai as I grabbed it. "If this is nothing special or just some boring shit, I promise I will kill you with my own hands, you bandage wasting suicidal maniac." I groaned out as I tightened my grip on the doorknob and turned it slowly, my curiosity adding and piling higher and higher as my eyes shimmered with hope and inquisitiveness.

"Don't worry. You will like this. Very much." Dazai muttered out, his voice barely audible to my ears.

A 'huh' was let out of mouth as I pushed open the door and turned my head to look at the smiling Dazai with a confused gaze simultaneously. However, before I could ask any questions to his previous words, numerous loud popping sounds exploded from inside the room and a resounding yelling of two words rang out in the Armed Detective Agency, making me jump from the sudden loud sounds and the surprise as my heart rate escalated.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!"

Tsukiyomi's P.O.V

Jumping from the shock of the loud yells of the two words, my ears rung with tingling of the after effects of the many popping sounds that resounded from the inside of the rooms added together with the screaming.

With eyes widening as large as saucers as my mouth dropped open from the surprise sight, my heart beats faster than ever before.

In front of me stood all the members of the Armed Detective Agency which too also includes the President, Haruno and Naomi. With a party popper in their hands, other than the President who had his hands kept together in his sleeves of his usual green coloured yukata, all the members were flashing their widest smile as large as they could at my direction.

Behind them was a middle sized banner that reads, 'Happy 20th Birthday Tsukiyomi!' and at the bottom of those bolded words had a few more words printed on the banner, which read, 'And, congratulations on joining the Agency!'

"W...W-What's all this?" I stuttered out as I look around the common workplace area and the faces of the members.

"It's already written right there you brat." Being who he is, Kunikida replied back to my question with a dull and annoyed tone of voice.

"Oh don't be so harsh and rude! It's someone's birthday and that's how you wish that person well?" Yosano cuts in before I could say anything in return to Kunikida's statement as she started lecturing him on how his choice of words isn't appropriate for this kind of occasions. Especially with the way he was calling me.

Feeling a hand on my shoulder, I turned my head around to see Dazai smiling down on me before he slipped his hands from my shoulder and walked past to join the other members at the front.

"Well... As you can see, it's your birthday, so we planned this small party for you Akira-san." Atsushi spoke out among the commotion between Kunikida and Yosano as he took a few steps out from where he stood, making me acknowledge his presence since he was previously hidden from my sight by standing behind the rest.

"It's nice knowing and having you Akira. I'm glad you joined the Agency in the end." The President spoke out suddenly, taking me by surprise from his words.

"Well, it's time guys!" Naomi chirped out loudly as she appeared out from the middle of the group and pushed everyone away from her side. "It's time to celebrate!! Don't take your eyes off this Tsukiyomi-chan!" She beamed out happily before she ran to my side and pushes me from my back, urging me to walk through the members.