chapter fifteen.

Ashton's P.O.V
Everything was going so well...until my father came home. I didn't even recognize him, I thought he was an intruder. He seemed full of anger, filled with rage. He took it all out on me.
-
{end of p.o.v}
-
Ashton came home from school, getting ready to spend the night with Luke. All day he contemplated the perfect way of asking him out, but was left with nothing. After tossing the house key onto the table, he gasped at a strange man standing in front of him. Slowly backing up towards the door, his hand blindly searched for the house phone. "No need to be afraid," said the familiar sounding voice, "I am your father." He stopped inching toward the boy and forced a smile. Ashton studied his 'father', his eyes were full of rage and his fists were clenched. "H-hi..." Ashton barely got out, due to shock. "Be a good son. Make me food." His voice got threatening as Ashton ran into the kitchen to follow his fathers commands. After slaving over a hot stove for a solid half hour, he presented his father with spaghetti and meatballs. His father took a small bite and spit it out almost immediately. "YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT, HUH? THESE NOODLES ARE UNDERCOOKED." Frightened, Ashton nodded and proceeded to pick up the plate. Instead, he was greeted to a harsh slap on his hand. "I LOST MY APPETITE CAUSE OF YOUR STUPIDITY." He grabbed his son by his wrist and slammed him against the wall. Taking ahold of his throat, Ashton was gasping for air. Tears of terror streamed down his face as his gasps became more shallow and his fathers grip became more heavy. "YOU ARE USELESS. YOU HAVE NO PURPOSE ON THIS EARTH, NONE. JUST STOP BREATHING, STOP TALKING." His father spit these words in his face as his grip increased to two hands. Ashton's face soon turned a shade of purple, as his eyes fluttered shut. His father pressed harder on his throat as saliva ran down Ashton's neck. His fathers hands started to grow tired and let ashton collapse, smashing his head hard onto the granite floor. His son was unconscious with a baldy bruised neck. He showed no remorse as his nose started gushing blood. Grabbing his keys, he left his son gasping for air on the ground. He took his belongings he came to collect after sixteen years and left.
-
Ashton's P.O.V
I'm okay. Besides the twelve stitches and bruises. I didn't visit luke that night since I was in the hospital. I let him lie in his bed helplessly. I found out he has pneumonia. It's slowly spreading to his heart. 10% survival chance the doctors say. He can no longer breathe on his own. I just hope I get to tell him what he means to me...
-
before it's too late.