chapter twenty.

Three days into their week long vacation, the boys did just about everything the bahamas had to offer. They went swimming, spent time on the beach and even ended up fishing. A lot of cheeky kisses took place as well. After a long night, Luke woke up before Ashton. He wanted to see Ashton's beautiful morning face more than anything in the world. He wanted to study the unbrushed curls, his soft pale cheeks and his beautiful green eyes slowly open. But he couldn't. He was forced to look at the off white ceiling, with cracks in the corners and mysterious stains. He decided the ceiling scenery was boring and shut his eyes once more. A couple minutes later he felt warmth on his cheek, it was a kiss from Ashton. He couldn't help but smile, even if he was feeling under the weather. His head was pounding and his eyes were heavy even after a long slumber. Luke shook it off, not wanting to ruin his baby's day. "Good morning, beautiful!" Ashton cheerfully spoke, followed by a long yawn. "Hello, Ashton Irwin." Luke groggily retorted. "What would you like to do on this fine Thursday?" Ashton said, picking out a navy ragland shirt for Luke. "No. I want the white button up shirt. Please." Confused, Ashton proceeded to pick up the dress shirt. "I want to spend the day out in the town and finish with a nice dinner." "But Luke, you hate crowds, besides, how will a chair as complex as yours..." Ashton began to trail off, realizing how harsh his words really were. "I did my research. There are plenty of stores that are wheelchair accessible." He said sternly. "Shall we....go?" Ashton tried to redeem himself after his rude remarks. "We shall." Luke lead the way out of the hotel room and into the newly carpeted halls.
-
-
"There's a pastry shop to your left. And a small convenience store down the street. There's also a shop where they sell just fudge, and a small store with all your generic knick-knack needs." Luke proudly spoke as the two wandered up and down the sidewalks of the strip mall. They decided to enter into the store that had everything from counterfeit shirts to shot glasses with cheesy phrases. Going down the narrow aisles was a tough task for Luke, especially when those aisles were infested with stubborn people. But to his luck, the store was almost completely empty, if it wasn't for the clerk and a lonesome tourist. "I can never find my name on these things." Ashton hummed as he twirled a red keychain with Luke's name on it. "Oh yeah? Show me." Luke quietly coughed, wincing as his heart tightened with pain. Ashton opened Luke's cold palm, placing the keychain perfectly in his hand. Luke scoffed and rolled his eyes. "This has to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen." He came to see how harsh that was for Ashton, he forgot how sensitive the love of his life really is. "Oh..." Ashton mumbled, feeling his face turn red in embarrassment and eyes fill with hurt. "Actually...do they have it in black?" The light in Ashton's face returned as he spun the rack around in search for the two dollar keychain. Luke bit his lip and gazed at Ashton. It might've been idiotic to him, but it meant the world to Ashton. Luke recalled all the awful stories Ashton told him late at night. Stories about his fathers harsh punishment, how he used to beat him, how his mother deprived him of food, of friends, of everything and anything happy. He felt like a complete asshole for stealing the joy out of such a beautiful person. Ashton never had a childhood, he never experienced moments like these. "You know what Ashton? Let's get the red one. I know its your favorite color, and....you can even put it on my bag." He smiled as he attempted to blink hot tears away. "You really mean it Lukey?" Ashton said with a smile as bright as the sun. "Yes, I do Ashton Irwin. Now buy it before I change my mind." He softly chuckled and wondered how something so small could bring so much joy to a person.
-
-
The night was upon them in the blink of an eye. They were both getting rather hungry, and their attitudes showed it. "I'm feeling fast food. Burger or chicken?" Ashton spoke as he reached for the phone. "Neither." Luke blurted out. "I have a restaurant we can go to. It's by the ocean, too. I think you'll like it, Ashton Irwin." Luke smiled as he comfortably sat on the couch. "But Luke..." Ashton whined in protest. "Please? For me?" Luke pouted and sadly looked down at the floor. "Fine. You owe me. Big time." Ashton sighed as he picked up Luke. "I promise you won't regret it!...Hopefully!" Luke giggled, biting his tongue playfully. More than a half hour later, the boys arrived to the high end restaurant. "Luke! This place is going to be $50 for water!" Ashton frowned and shot a worried look at Luke. "Don't worry, my dear. I'm pretty sure we can afford it." The boys found a nice private booth right by the ocean, where no one could glare or judge them. It was just the two of them. "How did you find such a beautiful place?" Ashton smiled in amazement as the dolphins glistened in the ocean. "I have connections." Luke winked as he eyed the menu. The food came out after a very short wait, and Ashton fed Luke before himself. After their stomachs were full of premium filet mignon, Luke started to get nervous. "Ashton? Could you....reach in my bag? Front pocket. I'm getting nauseous. It's my anxiety." Luke started breathing heavily, face filled with worry. "Babe, just calm down. Okay?" Ashton rushed to the backpack to grab the medication. But he didn't find it. Instead, he found a mysterious velvet box. "Luke? Your meds aren't in here...." Ashton started sweating from worry. Luke then smiled and turned his chair so it faced Ashton. "Open the box." he said, barely containing his joy. Ashton furrowed his brows, but proceeded to pull the small box open. It was a ring. "Oh my, oh my God Luke, I-" "Ashton Irwin, I have loved you ever since I laid eyes on you. You are the only thing that makes me get up in the morning. You are my heart, the air I breathe, my whole earth. Will you marry me?" Tears streamed down his face as he choked on the four most important words.
-
-
"Y-yes." Ashton cried as he threw his arms around his fiances neck.
-
-
-
-
A/N- yay! happy chapter! Thank you all for continuing to vote/comment on my chapters! It means so much to me! I see all of you :-) Enjoy, and Happy Holidays! All my love, S xx