chapter seventeen.

As the days went on, they got colder and colder. Snow was nonstop with the occasional visit from the sun. Luke was only getting worse. In fact, he stopped talking. It was by choice, his desire to live was so low he figured talking was a waste of breath he did not want to breathe any longer. Ashton didn't want to face the reality of losing his precious boyfriend. His attempts to show him the glory to life all failed. From looking at the breathtaking sunset to trying several ice cream flavors at once. Nothing would make Luke crack a smile, nothing at all. It became so bad to the point that everyday was the same thing for the two. Wake up. Force Luke to eat. Sit. Take a shower. Give Luke his meds. Go to sleep. Repeat the next day. Ashton was hopeless. He had exactly 20 days to be able to stop the suicide, but he ran out of ideas. As he entered Luke's bedroom, he saw the boy staring out the window with a single tear stuck on his cheek. Concerned, he proceeded to ask what was the matter. Luke, not responding, directed his chair in the opposite direction, away from Ashton. Ashton had enough. He was fed up with the way he has repeatedly been treated. "You know what Luke? I have tried everything to make you happy. I spend every waking hour- hell, every waking MINUTE making sure you're satisfied. And guess what? Quite frankly, I am fucking tired of it. You have SO much to live for, now stop wallowing in self pity and lets do something. As a couple." Ashton wasn't going to lie, it felt good to finally get it off his chest. Luke turned his chair back around, the tear vanished. His face did not convey anger, nor sadness. Instead, his face regained the tiniest bit of light back. He proceeded to lick his lips and speak, in a sarcastic tone. "You're right. I am quite pitiful of myself. I'm truly sorry for constantly complaining about the non stop pain in my spine and muscles. I apologize, from the bottom of my heart, for whining about taking my meds and being so, SO picky about the types of foods you choose to feed me." Ashton attempted to interrupt, but was hushed immediately. "You know Ashton? You won't have to worry about my awful attitude much longer. For I will be gone in exactly 20 days. And there is nothing, absolutely NOTHING, you can bloody do about it." Clicking his tongue, he ventured into the living room, leaving Ashton dumbfounded.

-

"18 days." Ashton whispered this chilling number to himself while folding Luke's clothing. The boy, usually full of laughter and ideas, was hollow. He suggested to Luke multiple places. Including Amusement Parks, resorts and even California, the most expensive of them all. But to his dismay, Luke shot down all twenty four ideas. The crunching of stale chip crumbs on the kitchen floor indicated Luke was right around the corner. "Hello, Ashton Irwin." Luke, being the most unromantic man on the face of the Earth, thought calling his partner by his full name was rather, "sexy". Ashton couldn't help but smile when Luke attempted to be romantic. Looking up, he saw a pamphlet in Luke's crippled hand. "Give this a look, hmm?" He motioned for him to take it from his hand. In big navy blue letters, it read "Planning Your Vacation To The Bahamas." In disbelief, Ashton's eyes grew wide. "Luke? Are you..." "Serious? 100 percent, my love." He spoke in his deep beautiful Australian accent that could make any girl or boy automatically swoon over him. Tears of joy filled his eyes as he gently hugged Luke, being careful not to break any of the fragile boy's bones. "Does this mean, you'll stay?"

-

There was no answer.

-

-

A/N- Wow. Over 3,000 reads, that is actually insane! When I published the first chapter, I never would have thought it would get this big! Thank you to every single one of my readers, you all are so wonderful! Your comments always put a big smile on my face! Make sure to vote if you like this book! Next update soon! Thank you again :) Yours truly, S x