chapter sixteen.

Luke was so weak he didn't have enough energy to even breathe on his own. Ashton arrived to the hospital as soon as he could, racing down the halls that reeked like antiseptic. He slowly opened the door to find his lover slowly dying upon the stretcher. Tears poured down his face as the boy was all alone in the dark room, with the sound of the oxygen tank keeping him alive. He quietly sat on the rough hospital sheets as he stared at the dying boy. He softly held Luke's hand, feeling his heartbeat, which was barely there. He hated himself for being so selfish, for leaving him alone when he needed him the most. The quietness was unsettling. He missed Luke's rude remarks, the soft whirring of his chair, but most of all, he missed the laugh. His already pale body began to grow cold, a faint sweat on his forehead. He slowly opened his eyes and started to cough relentlessly. Luke squeezed his eyes every time a cough escaped his lips, his chest was in knots and his throat was in flames. The coughing got worse from that point on, Ashton continued to recite his name over and over, hoping he would find comfort in knowing someone was there for him. No luck, as the coughing turned into blood. And with that, the boy stopped coughing completely, the heart monitor let out an angry warning beep. The heart rate increased to dangerously high levels. Panicking, Ashton ran out of the room in search of a doctor. "CAN SOMEBODY? PLEASE HELP? PLEASE? IM BEGGING!" He screamed. Everyone looked at him like he was crazy. He ran back into the room, blood ran down luke's chin as his coughing started back up. He grabbed luke's hand, running his thumb up and down it. "Shhh, it's okay Luke. You're strong." Luke opened his eyes with all the force he had and in a hoarse voice, he spoke. "All I feel is pain, please help me, damnit." Ashton didn't know what hurt worse, hearing those words from his mouth, or hearing the sound of the heart monitor coming to a stop.
-
-
A/N- sorry it was so short + the cliffhanger! new update coming when 3k is hit :) love you all!