1| ENTRAPMENT

It had been their rightful home before they arrived. It was among those, who lived in the surrounding villages, that believed that they had invaded. Everyone agreed and settled that the newcomers were not to be trusted or to be met with any kind of trust or scheme for negotiation. Their invasion had caused a catastrophe at one of the closer inhabitants' villages. There was a fire, a large one at that, which burnt the Grounders to the ground, killing them. Elektra, one of the Grounders who had been commissioned as a hunter and scout, was furious. The anger that welled up in her body was almost like fuel to an open flame. It ignited her entire body, lighting up her veins like a wildfire that expanded to her bones.

     It was Anya, her unit leader, who had gathered a small group, including Elektra, to head out and keep a close watch on the newcomers. In the back of her mind, Elektra knew that if she brought back one of the newcomers as a prisoner, Anya would be pleased and it would mean that they could extract vital information about the group that the Grounders could use against them, in order to get rid of them. It would also mean that the Grounders could avenge those that they lost in the village. Although she wasn't Anya's second, she was still one of the better warriors in the unit. Which meant that Anya expected her to make it back safely and unseen. Elektra did as Anya wanted, she respected her unit leader's judgement, and if that meant that the newcomers, the Sky people, were unwelcome and bad news, then they were, there would be no question about it.

     When the scouting unit had left for the watch, Elektra double checked to make sure that she was well equipped with weapons for the night ahead. As they headed out, she remained towards the back of the group, keeping a close eye on their surroundings and the rest of the group, just to be sure that no one was slacking or breaking away from the group before they were meant to. One of the scouts, who she had trained with in the past, turned his head back to look at her. Elektra nodded faintly, to which he nodded back, before she began to climb the trees, knowing that the branches higher up were close enough for her to walk along, without being seen from below.

     The woods were quiet at that time of night, Elektra knew that, of course, she did. But it wouldn't mean that she was going to let her guard down, even for a second. Her perch, up in one of the trees, had given her some vantage point on the Sky People, given that she could see their camp and some of the surrounding woods in case they had broken away and were outside of their perimeter wall. She was further away from the rest of the scouts, but that was to be expected. Alone, she was able to be quicker, more agile, stealthier, and if caught; a lone prisoner.

     Elektra had an awful habit of checking and rechecking her weapons, despite knowing, in the back of her mind, that she didn't need to. With a sigh, she leaned against the trunk of the tree, resting her head back. Her legs were pushed against some of the lower branches that stuck out, while her bow was resting on her lap, the arrow bag was hanging on another branch beside her head.

     After noticing things had become too silent, she peeked one eye open, just in time for a twig below her to snap. With her eyebrows furrowed, she glanced down. Surely these Sky People had more common sense than to try and sneak up on someone with a weapon, she thought to herself. Elektra was on high alert now. Quietly, she unhooked her arrow bag and place it around her shoulder, pulling an arrow out, sliding it onto the string that she began to pull back. A smirk twitched on her lips as she saw a shadow move below her.

     "Don't shoot me and I won't shoot you."

     The voice below her was obviously male. Elektra cursed to herself silently. Although it didn't matter too much if she was seen, she still wanted the upper hand for longer than the two seconds she had before. After licking her bottom lip, which he couldn't see due to the fact that Elektra did have a mask covering her face from her nose down and she did have the black war paint that one of the other scouts helped her with. It was most likely her sigh that got her caught. The lack of light didn't affect her eyesight as she narrowed her glare at the man on the ground, her arrow drawn back and aimed towards his head. He didn't seem to have much trouble seeing her, but it was clearly not as easy for him to see her as it was for her to see him.