Chapter 7

Picture of Charlotte on top.

Evangeline

"Evangeline! Evangeline! Wake up sleepy head, we have training today!" someone yelled while they bounced on my bed. I groaned and rolled over to bury my face in my pillow, "Five more minutes." I begged sleepily, as I tried to go back to dreamland, trying my best to ignore the person hopping up and down like a bunny on my bed. "Come on Evangeline! That's no fun! You are not going to stay in bed all day now are you?" whined the person. Frustrated, I rolled over to face whoever was bothering me so early in the morning, squinting one eye open only to be blinded completely by the sunlight as the person abruptly opened the curtains. "Ahh! My eyes! It burns!" I screamed as I immediately disappeared under the duvet.

The person started tugging on the duvet, attempting to rip it off me. "Let's go, Evangeline! Get up or else I can guarantee you are not going to get any of my famous delicious blueberry pancakes." taunted the person. I shot right out of bed in fear, my eyes wild and wide, "I'm up!" I saw Charlotte laughing her ass off, "I can not believe that worked! Now come on sleeping beauty, get ready! You look like a bear who just woke up from twenty years of hibernation." she told me. I rolled my eyes, "Gee, thanks, Char. I am so glad to have such an honest friend in my life." Charlotte laughed and patted my messy bed head, "Anytime my dear Evangeline, see you at breakfast!" With that, she waltzed out of my room to let me get ready for the day. I brushed my teeth, splashed cold water on my face to wash away the face wash bubbled on my face, and tamed my wild hair. I then put on a sports bra, a loose tank top, a pair of black biker shorts, and my plain black and white tennis shoes.

I made my way downstairs and headed into the kitchen. The sight of Jake, Maxwell, and Tae preparing breakfast while wearing a bright neon pink apron and chef's hats made me laugh like a maniac for a minute straight. After I got over my laughing fit, I joined Jamie, Sydney, Blake, and Charlotte at the table. "Anyone wants to explain what is going on?" I asked in amusement. "Our mates are trying to make up for what they did yesterday," Jamie told me while smirking. I giggled, "Aww how adorable! Hey...Wait for a second, Blake why aren't you cooking for us too? You took part in the prank too!" Blake blushed and looked down, "I can't cook." he mumbled so quietly that even with my werewolf hearing, I could not hear a single thing he said. "I'm sorry, I did not quite catch that, mind repeating that Blake?" I asked him, whilst leaning closer. "I can't cook," Blake repeated, this time louder. I giggled, "Aww Blakey, anyone can cook. I am sure that you are not that bad!"

Charlotte laughed, "Trust me, Evangeline, you do not want to try his cooking, unless you actually want to end up bedridden for the next fifty years. He is the world's worst cook, not one can beat him to that title. Last year, he wanted to prove to us that he could cook if he tried really hard and the result was... let's just say it was horrifying. He made rock hard steak, that could literally be used as a murder weapon, served with a side of charcoal-colored and tasting pasta, so black that it was camouflage with the black plates he used to serve us, and lumpy asparagus that dripped water like an unending waterfall when you picked them up. And for dessert, the reason why we were not served the chocolate cake he made was due to the fact that it had exploded in the oven." Charlotte shivered as she recounted that fateful day. Sydney continued the story, "We were all sick for days after eating his creations, therefore, Blake was banned from cooking for any of us again." I chuckled, "Oh my god, that's hilarious. How can anyone be that bad at cooking." Blake crossed his arms and pouted, "It is not funny Evangeline." He looked like an adorable little child when he did that, it was amusing to see a big strong Alpha pout. I smiled, "You've got to admit, that story is pretty funny! Hey, we can be good at everything, right? It's good to have a balance."

"Ta-da!" Jake, Tae, and Maxwell exclaimed in harmony, as they served us our breakfast. I had to admit, they did a pretty good job. The big bowl of fruit salad looked juicy and sweet, the avocado on toast looked delicious, and the omelet was perfectly cooked. After they finished serving us, they joined us at the table and we all started eating. "This is delicious guys!" exclaimed Charlotte after taking a bite of the avocado toast. "This is the best omelet that I have ever tasted," Blake announced, after swallowing his first bite. "We decided to make a healthy, light, and balanced breakfast since we have training today," said Tae. "That is such a good idea, eating a big breakfast before training makes me feel sick whilst fighting" Sydney informed us. Charlotte turned to me with a grin, "Oh that's right! We all have training today and it is the first training session with Evangeline in our group! I can't wait to train with you girly!" I smiled at her and nodded, "Me too Charlotte! I still can not believe that I made it to the advanced group."