Chapter 15

Picture of Jamie's wolf, Charm on top.

Evangeline

Time skip - 6 months 

The best decision I have I ever made in my life was saying yes. Blake and me started dating and everything was like an absolute fairy tale. Blake is loving, caring and always there for me. He is just the person I needed in my life. Not to mention that he's the one that saved me. We went on many dates but my favorite was when we went on a run in the forest in our wolves forms. It was liberating, exhilarating and memorable. I wished that Xavier was more like Blake...speaking of Xavier, I stopped thinking of him entirely. Thoughts of him disappearing like a puff of smoke, relieving me from the pain of rejection. He might be my mate, but that doesn't mean much to me anymore, not when I have something as loving and perfect as Blake. He captured my heart with those sky blue eyes. 

I am now the strongest werewolf warrior of the Crescent Moon Pack, all the training and dedicating paid off. Winter and I worked hard these last few months, going up the ranks and fighting duels. I help patrol and teach the beginners. Things have changed a lot since day one. The Beta blood in my blood pulsed strongly, I felt powerful, I was no longer the same weak werewolf that first arrived. 

Those are the updates of my life, back to present day, this morning, after breakfast, Blake asked me to meet him in his office. He looked worried, to be honest, thus making me worried as well. As soon as I finished the waffles Charlotte made for me, I headed upstairs and made my way to the front of his office, a bad feeling in my gut. I raised my hand up to the big wooden double doors and knocked twice before waiting for permission to come in. 

 "Come in Evangeline," Blake called from behind the door. I opened the doors and entered. It was a simple room, a big wooden desk covered with loads of documents and other paper works, a large bookshelf filled with novels and a spacious navy blue sofa in a corner. I took a seat in front of his desk and looked at him curiously, waiting for him to start talking. "Okay Evangeline, but before I  tell you anything, promise me that  you will listen till the end." His tone was serious and I noticed a tinge of anger. I gulped, suddenly feeling nervous,  "Alright... I promise."  I looked at him wearily as he started talking, "One of the neighboring pack needs our help. They have been attacked by rogues often during these last few months and their warriors are very inexperienced compared to our own so I have decided to help them since they helped us fight a war between rogues a few years back. Returning the favor if you will. Since you are the best warrior of this pack, you, Jake, Charlotte, Maxwell, Jamie and I are all leaving tomorrow morning to their pack house. We are going to stay for two months in order to help them with  werewolf training and teach  them war strategies in order to prepare them for the war, in which we are also going to participate as well, as allies." Blake finished off. "Well, I'm happy to help Blake...but  which pack is it?"  I asked cautiously and nervously. Somehow, I was scared to know the answer.  Blake tensed up,  "That's the thing...Evangeline, the pack that needs our help is your old pack. The Moonlight Pack."

My whole world froze, I just sat there, utterly speechless. No way. This can't be happening. "Please say something, Evangeline..." Blake begged, getting up and walking over to where I was. I abruptly stood up with such force that I knocked the chair down. I was ready to bolt out of the room, but Blake caught me and pulled me into his chest, hugging me close. That's when the tears started coming, streaming endlessly down my face. I could not go back there. My fresh start, my new life, it was all here, in Crescent Moon Pack. Blake pulled me closer into his warm embrace and started to stroke my hair soothingly attempting to calm me down as I cried into his chest. "Ssh ssh Evangeline, it's going to be alright. I won't let them hurt you. I will protect you. I promise little one. I promise." He whispered in my ear.