Chapter 14

Picture of Blake's wolf, Shadow on top.

Evangeline

I woke up this morning for once without the "help" of Charlotte which was very strange considering that she was in charge of waking me up every single morning since I got here. I looked at the clock and leaped out of bed when I realized that I was late to werewolf training. "Oh no! Oh no!" I repeated over and over as I rushed to get ready. I ran into the bathroom like a mad woman to quickly freshen up, my own reflection giving me a fright as I saw my untamed hair resembling a lion's mane and yesterday's coat of mascara running down my face, making me look scarier than Pennywise the clown. Paws watched me sleepily from my bed as I bustled and ran around, struggling to find my training clothes. "What the..." I mumbled when I spotted a neatly folded piece of paper on my dresser as I was rummaging through it. "Who do you think this is from Paws?" I asked my puppy as I carefully opened the paper. Paws crook his head at me and sleepily yawned as if to say that he did not know either and wanted to go back to sleep. I curiously opened the note, not knowing what to expect. 

Good morning little one,

There's no training for you today, I hope you enjoyed the extra time of sleep little one. I had to use my Alpha voice on Charlotte for her not to wake you up today. You're welcome ;). Evangeline, to celebrate how sweet you are, here is a game to take you near and far. Put away the training clothes and instead wear the pastel pink floral dress that I placed in your closet. You will also find a pair of light pink colored flats by your door. Paws is coming along too! I placed a cute light pink bow tie for him to wear and a matching leash beside your shoes. 

Here is your first clue: Your next clue is in the place where a drink says "Moo!" 

- B & S

"Blake and Shadow? What are they planning to do, I wondered as I head towards my closet. The beautiful floral dress was neatly hanging along with Paws bow tie and leash. I took out the dress and admire the soft texture. I quickly got changed into it and twirled around in front of my mirror. "What do you think Paws?" I asked. Paws lifted up his head and gave me a huge puppy grin as if to say that he approved. "Aww, you're so cute Paws! Guess what? You have something to wear too!" I pulled out the bow tie and tied it around Paws neck. Paws was calmly laying on my bed, already dozing off as I adjusted the bow tie. Once I was done, I took a step back to get a good look at him, "Oh Paws! You look absolutely adorable! Like a little gentleman. Looking like that, you could woo a lot of female dogs out there buddy." I squealed with happiness. Paws look totally content with the bow tie, he yawned and curled up in a ball, dozing off. I shook my head giggling as I looked at him fondly, my puppy reminds me of myself sometimes. I shook him gently, urging him to get up, "Come on Paws, we got a scavenger hunt to do! You can nap later bud." Paws opened his eyes and yawned, blinking up at me sleepily. I picked him up and he instantly snuggled into my arms, savoring the warmth. 

Together, we headed downstairs, to find our next clue. The first clue was in the place where a drink says "Moo!" so he must have meant milk, and milk was stored in the kitchen, in the fridge. I placed Paws on the floor, before opening the fridge door to see a plate inside with a slice of a lemon meringue pie and a note next to it. I took out the plate and placed it on the round wooden kitchen table before opening the note that contained my next clue. 

Great! You figured it out! It wasn't that hard now was it? Welcome to the kitchen little one, this a place where we spent a lot of happy memories. Enjoy your breakfast, I know your sweet tooth would not be able to resist Charlotte's famous lemon meringue pie!