It's Complicated

Frank's still pretty much trying to work out the logistics of how any of this is his life right now. He always figured that getting a dude to have sex with him would be a lot more difficult than this. He thought that he'd have to try to find someone who wasn't all that attractive, probably not all that experienced, probably about as bad at it as Frank was. He just thought that altogether, it would be a very arduous experience, but this has been quite easy.

He'd thought that it would be himself who'd have to instigate just about everything. He thought he'd have to go up to someone, have to introduce himself first, half to be the initiator of everything, but this has proved to be otherwise. All Frank really had to do was buckle his seat belt and wait for things to play out the way that they have.

To be fair, he wasn't all that great, but that was his first time, and Gee didn't exactly say anything negative about him. He's assuming he wasn't great, but he has a good excuse. Frank's about as inexperienced as someone who's not actually a virgin can get. Basically, he's only ever slept with a girl before, so this was very different in a good way.

It's been very nice, he has to say. He's now sitting on the roof of his house, wearing very little clothes, watching Gee blow smoke out into the night air. It smells like rain. The roof is damp, but not enough so that he's all that worried about falling off. Frank's been up here a couple thousand times before to think. His window opens up onto the roof so it's easy access, and if his mother knew he comes up here sometimes, she'd probably kill him, but that doesn't matter. Frank likes it. It's serene.

It sounds like spring. There's really no other word for it but that. It smells like rain, it sounds like spring. Like life coming awake after the last couple of months of winter.

Frank can't even believe that he still doesn't know Gee's real name. He's been calling the guy Gee without even a guess at what his name actually is. Frank doesn't know what the fuck he means about Frank figuring it out. How do you just figure out a person's name?

Frank's had a bunch of really perverse thoughts on that matter actually. His creepiest thought is that maybe Gee is going to replace a teacher at his school, and that would be really fucking terrifying, but that doesn't make sense. He also supposes that it's completely possible that he really did sleep with some famous celebrity and he's going to see the guy in the news or something. He can't think of anything that actually makes any sense.

"Do me a favor kid," Gee says, speaking up for the first time in a few minutes.

"It's kind of demeaning for you to call me 'kid,'" Frank replies.

"Don't smoke," Gee replies, ignoring Frank, "like, just don't."

"I don't."

"I know, and don't start," Gee says, and then he looks over at Frank with a spark in his eye like he's just gotten an idea. "In fact, if you ever have a friend or your boyfriend or anything who starts to smoke, just don't let him, okay? Like, if he even thinks about it, just punch him in the face to stop him. I remember I started to smoke at the beginning of April in my senior year of high school. You're a senior, if you know someone who thinks about doing that, just don't let him, okay? It's March now, so like, yeah, punch him in the face if and when you see him try it out, you have my full permission. Make sure you save them from the monstrosity of having to deal with it."

"Alright?"

"Promise me, okay?" Gee says, looking at him severely, and Frank doesn't get why he's being so serious on the subject. Frank doesn't have a clue as to what he's supposed to do, or who the hell Gee could even be talking about. Frank doesn't have that many close friends, he's got a lot of friends, just not many who he can really talk to, or who would ever actually listen to him about a lot of things, such as smoking for example.