The Word "Fucking" Is Used A Lot In This Chapter

Frank's not having as great a time as he keeps assuring Gerard that he is having. It's mostly because Gerard is a fucking idiot.

He keeps looking at Frank when he thinks Frank's not watching and he looks like Frank feels. He wants to give it up and just tell Gerard he likes him but he doesn't want to be creepy and that's not how he wants to remember this. He doesn't want to be pushy about it. It's got to feel right, and that just wouldn't feel right.

Gerard feels almost exactly the same way as Frank. He is madly crazy about the guy, but he can't have him because Frank isn't into it, and it'd be weird. He keeps pulling himself back, but he's also trying to flaunt the fact that he's not uninviting. He puts his hand on the table, as casually as he can, and he's waiting for Frank to maybe take it. He hasn't yet. But Gerard's hoping for it anyway.

Frank is oblivious to this, and thinks Gerard's hand is inadvertently lying there as some sort of heavenly prank being pulled on him.

Basically, both of them are idiots. It's the same problem as Mikey and Pete. Everyone knows. They're not kidding anyone. Everyone who looks at them knows that they like each other. But still they pretend not to. They ignore everyone's eyes and they do what they can to seem completely casual, when neither of them wants that.

If this were the Sims, and Brendon was in charge, they would be making out in the bathroom like an hour ago. Well, if Brendon was in charge they'd have been making out like ten minutes after they first met, or at least Gerard and Frank, not Gee, because Brendon is blissfully unaware of Gee's existence. Lucky bastard. Brendon has incredibly promiscuous Sims though. He tried to Woohoo with everyone in town once. He made several enemies in doing so.

The first ten minutes are incredibly awkward minutes that Frank barely makes it through alive. Then Gerard starts talking to him about David Bowie, and this is a conversation that he knows how to be a part of. David Bowie is soon replaced by "how epic is the movie Labyrinth though, I mean seriously" which somehow turns into a discussion about The Emperor's New Groove, and Frank couldn't tell you how they got there if you asked.

Frank could talk to him forever. He could literally talk about every topic on this planet and never get bored. Frank could talk about the most boring thing ever, like maybe golf, and he would never in his life stop being thrilled by every word out of Gerard's mouth.

Frank feels like he's been personally assaulted when their cut off by a long guitar chord, being pumped through an incredibly old and worn speaker system. This is what forces him to shut up however, so it's the guitar chord from hell. Yes, he knows they're here to see Gerard's band, but Frank really wishes that they could not be here for that. Just here to talk and flirt and make out and stuff.

Instead of listening to the band, Frank focuses his attention on an assortment of different things. He looks at Gerard's hand, and at Gerard's face, and at Gerard's arm, and at Gerard's smile, and at Gerard's eyes, and then back at Gerard's hand, and so on and so forth. If it is not in some way a part of Gerard, Frank does not look at it.

He's going to end up short circuiting if he keeps looking at Gerard, he knows that. Gerard's like the sun, you can't look at him too long or you're blinded by him, because he's that gorgeous. Frank can't see enough detail of Gerard's face though. He's gotta get closer.

Frank does what he hopes is not an obvious scooch over towards Gerard. He's now maybe six inches closer to Gerard. Six inches is only a small fraction of the space he needs to scooch.

After what Frank feels is an appropriate amount of time later, he fakes a sneeze which gives him the cover to scooch over about another six inches, give or take a few inches. There's about a foot left of space. He needs to remove about, he'd say, like maybe seven or eight of those inches because he wants to be close, elbow touching close, but he doesn't want to be so close that Gerard realizes he's really fucking close.