Epilogue

"What the everloving fuck is a cummerbund?" Mikey can be heard shouting from probably every room in Frank's house.

"Isn't that the guy from Sherlock?" Brendon asks.

"I said cummerbund, not the creature from the black lagoon," Mikey says, shouting. "You know what, fuck the cummerbund. Fuck the tie!"

"Yeah, just go naked," Frank says, rolling his eyes.

"Pete probably wouldn't mind," Brendon says.

Someone knocks on the door at that, and Ray sticks his head in looking annoyed, "hurry up, you guys. Your dates are waiting."

"I don't have a date," Brendon says, pouting, "I'm all alone in this world."

"Damn straight," Mikey says.

"Okay, do you mean damn straight as in, 'darn tootin', or do you mean like 'fucking heterosexuals,' because if it's the latter you deserve a high five," Frank says.

"Who the fuck says darn tootin?" Mikey asks. "What year is it, 1925?"

"Seriously though," Ray says, "hurry your asses up. Unless one of you is defusing a bomb in here, it shouldn't be taking this long."

"I don't know how to do a tie!" Mikey says, whining and stomping a little bit like he's a small child, which cannot be definitively ruled out. Frank gawks at him utterly awestruck at the fact that there is something in this world mikeyway does not know how to do. Frank was under the impression that he could hand Mikey a saxophone and he would know how to play it without ever having seen one before. Mikey's just that kind of person. He can literally do everything.

"Oh my god," Brendon says, and Frank starts nodding until Brendon continues, "at least have the forethought to buy a clip on like I did!" Brendon unclips his tie to demonstrate his superior intelligence, much to the total horror of Frank.

"Do I have to do everything around here?" Frank asks, walking over to Mikey and starting on the tie for him. Frank went to catholic school for several years before he could convince his mom to free him from the agony. Of course he knows how to tie a tie.

He finishes Mikey's tie and Mikey says creepily, "do I look pretty?"

"Gorgeous," Ray says, "now hurry your ass up."

"We're coming!" Frank shouts back at him.

"Hurry the fuck up would you," Gerard yells from downstairs and Frank gets a little giddy inside, thinking about Gerard waiting for him down there. Probably looking like a million bucks and thinking that he's not worth a dime. Frank intends to prove him wrong one of these days.

Frank gets to the top of the stairs and he's about to go downstairs before he gets a thought.

"Somebody play something epic!" Frank calls down the stairs. He wants his entrance to be as epic as he deserves, and Frank deserves the best in his opinion. That's why he's got Gerard, because he deserves the best that the world has to offer him.

"I've got the Pokémon theme tune on my phone," Pete shouts back.

"I was really thinking something more along the lines of The Final Countdown, but that'll work just as well," Frank responds. He waits for Pete, and hears the sound of the actual Pokémon theme tune a moment later. It takes every will inside of his entire body to not sing along.

And that's how Frank makes his entrance. In the grandest way humanly possible. To the Pokémon theme tune. He's the first one to walk down the stairs and when he sees Gerard, Gerard is looking at him with the rolling of his eyes evident on his face, but he's smiling. Frank doesn't care that he might look like an idiot, or a penguin, because Gerard is still waiting there to meet him. Gerard's always going to be there to meet him, Frank thinks.