Day 1

"Hey Toshiro!!" I shouted, running over to him. Two years have passed since the last time I saw Toshiro. We went to Grandma Haru's during that time, too. We were at the spot where I first went looking for him. He was leaning against the metal fence on his flip-phone. I was passing by after soccer practice, like I did every day. Today he wore a black collared shirt with khaki pants and brown shoes. I noticed his silver hair was a little longer than last time, too. His blue green eyes met mine as he saw me running over.
"Oh, hey," he said.
"I never thought I'd see you here," I said, leaning against the fence to his right. "How long are you staying this time?"
"I don't know," he answered, closing his phone and putting it in his pocket. "Probably about five days or so."
"Do you have a place to stay?"
"I haven't thought about it," he said, turning his head to look at me. "Why?"
"You can stay at our place like last time," I said. He blinked and looked away. "Of course, you don't have to if you don't want to. I mean it was just-"
"No," he stopped me. "I will since you offered." I smiled at him and turned to walk home.
"Come on, then," I said. "It's about time for dinner anyways. Yuzu will have dinner all made."
"Your sisters cooking is great," he said, jumping over the fence. He put his hands in his pockets as we walked home.
By the time we got there, Yuzu had already made a pot of soup and rice. Ichigo was sitting on the couch reading a book. Yuzu had her junior high school uniform still on under a pink apron. Her short, dirty blond hair was in two pigtails. Ichigo's spiky orange hair was all I could see.
"I see you've brought your boyfriend over," she said.
"No way," I said. "Don't you dare get the wrong idea!"
"Aww," she complained. I glared at her.
"Don't say anything," I warned. She sighed and looked at him.
"What's his name?" she asked.
"Toshiro Hitsugaya," Toshiro introduced himself. Ichigo slapped the book closed and put it on the table.
"I didn't know you were in town," he said. "But why the hell did you come here?"
"He was in town and didn't have a place to go," I said. "You two were friends, though, right? If you are, then don't get the wrong idea about him staying here."
"Let's have some dinner," Yuzu said, putting the bowls of food on the table. We started eating and when we were almost done, Toshiro's phone rang. Ichigo's Substitute Soul Reaper combat pass started making a warning sound. The two of them exchanged looks and Ichigo got up.
"I have to use the bathroom," he said, briskly walking away. I looked at Toshiro with a worried look and he gave me a reassuring look.
"Well," Yuzu said, getting up and bringing some of the dishes to the kitchen sink. "Where will you be sleeping, Toshiro?"
"He can sleep in Ichigo's room," I said.
"Are you sure your brother will be ok with that?" Toshiro asked. I nodded.
"If he's not, then you can sleep in my room," I said. Yuzu looked at us and grinned mischievously. I glared at her. "Don't even think about it," I warned.
"Ok, ok," she said, backing off.
"Are you sure I can sleep in your room?" Toshiro asked two hours later. Ichigo said Toshiro couldn't sleep in his room because he didn't have enough room, whatever that meant.
"Don't try anything funny tonight," I warned, pointing my finger at him.
"What do you think I am? A pervert?" Toshiro asked, blushing the slightest.
"Maybe," I said, grinning at him. We laughed and I looked at him. "But seriously, do anything and I'll tie you up letting you sleep like that."
   "Like I said," Toshiro turned towards me, "I won't do a thing." I tossed him two blankets and a pillow. After we each got ready and I finally shut the light off, I stared at the ceiling for a long time. Finally, around midnight, I quietly turned my head and looked down at Toshiro. He was sleeping soundly, his phone right next to him. I slid my legs out of bed and stood up, walking over to the window. I looked up at the half moon in the sky, admiring it. I looked back at Toshiro, who was still sleeping, and back out the window.
"I've missed you," I whispered to myself, closing my eyes and thinking of his smiling face.
"Really now?" Toshiro asked quietly behind me. I spun around and saw Toshiro propped up on one elbow. I blushed slightly and looked away.
"What?" I asked. He got up and walked over to my left.
"Well listen to me," he whispered in my ear. "I missed you too." I started to step away, but he put his right arm around me, pulling me towards him. I closed my eyes and smiled as he hugged me. "I've been wanting to ask you something," he said, looking out the window and letting his left arm fall beside him. I looked at him. "What've you been up to the past two years?"
"Nothing much," I said. "Just playing soccer and stopping the spirits from annoying me. I went by Grandma Haru's house every month when I had time."
"How is she?" he asked. I didn't answer, knowing I couldn't tell him the truth, but he figured it out. "How long ago did it happen?"
"About three months," I said and he rested his head on my shoulder. He stayed silent for a while, when I realized he stilled had his right arm around me. "Why do you still have your arm around me?" I looked at him and saw he was slightly blushing.
"No reason," he said, taking his arm away.
"It's ok," I said, letting him leave his arm there. "I don't mind." We both looked at each other and then quickly looked somewhere else. I rested my head on his right hand and smiled. "I also spent most of my time thinking of you," I whispered, glancing at him. He blinked at me and then smiled.
"Things in the Soul Society began to get boring, so that's why I came to visit," he said. "I was going to see a Grandma Haru, but I guess not anymore. Guess I'll just have to hang out with you." He turned me towards him and kissed my forehead. My eyes widened, but then I hugging him again. Just then his phone started to rapidly ring. I heard Hollow's roaring in every direction. I covered my ears and stepped back from the window.
"What's happening?" I asked Toshiro as he grabbed his phone off the floor.
"No way," he said. "More than 50 Hollows at once?! How is that even possible?!" Just then Ichigo barged into my room.
"Toshiro!" he exclaimed. "How are we going to get all of them?! There in every neighborhood in the whole town!"
"Shh!!" I whispered before Toshiro could answer.
"I take the east side of town," he told Ichigo, popping his pill in his mouth, forming his Soul Reaper self. He opened the window as Ichigo followed.
"Wait!" I exclaimed. "What can I do?"
"Stay here and wait for us to return," Toshiro said. "We don't want you to get hurt." With that the two of them disappeared on the spot.