Day 6

"ICHIGOOOOOO!" I heard my Dad yell from the next room over. Toshiro and I sat bolt upright in bed and the left wall of my room shook. Toshiro put his hand on it and grinned.
"Looks like Ichigo can land a punch," he said. I stretched, getting up off the futon. I folded it, putting it in the corner for the rest of the day. I grabbed my uniform out of the closet and ordered Toshiro out. He did what I told and I quickly changed, putting my hair up. When I came out, I saw Toshiro looking in Ichigo's room. I joined him and saw Rukia in his closet.
"What the hell, Ichigo?!" I shouted at him. "Why is Rukia sleeping in your closet?!" Ichigo saw us, slamming and locking the door in our faces. I got irritated and banged on his door. Just then Yuzu came out of her room.
"Come on, Karin!" she said. "It's 6:50 already. We'll be later than yesterday if we don't hurry. Good thing breakfast and lunch is made."
"Damn it!" I shouted as the two of us ran downstairs. We grabbed our lunches, putting them in our briefcases. We wolfed down our breakfast and did last minute tiding ups. We put our shoes on and raced out the door.
"I hate being late!" Yuzu complained. "We have to make it there on time!!"
"Do you think I don't know that?!" I shouted back. Yuzu ran ahead of me and left me in the dust. Just then a Toshiro appeared beside me. "Toshiro?!" I exclaimed, looking at him.
"Need a lift?" he asked.
"No thanks," I said, turning away from him. "Our school is just another few houses or so. I'll be fine." He shrugged, disappearing from sight. Just then I saw the school ahead with Yuzu just turning into the school property. I cursed, pushing myself to go faster. When I got to the school yard, I saw what Toshiro must've come looking for.
A Hollow.
I stopped and looked around to see if he was there yet. He wasn't, so I grabbed a soccer ball and kicked it at the Hollow's face. It hit, making a small mark. The Hollow looked in my direction and roared. I took a small step back, but held my ground from there. Just then Toshiro appeared in front of me with his Zanpakuto held out in front of him.
"Begone from this world, Hollow!!" he shouted, slicing the Hollow in half. The Hollow roared as it disappeared. Toshiro stabbed his Zanpakuto in the ground to prevent himself from falling over.
"Toshiro!" I ran over to help, but he pointed at the school.
"You are still only a middle school student," he said between gritted teeth. "Leave the Hollows for Soul Reapers like your brother and I!" I looked at him as he stood, sheathing his Zanpakuto. He gave me his best smile and I ran inside.
   The Hollows didn't decide to show up at school for the rest of the day. But then soccer practice was a different story. Kyoya, Yu, Keli, Yu and the rest of the team were doing passing drills with I heard a Hollow. I stopped, looking up and missed a pass from my other friend Mira.
"What's the matter, Karin?" she called over as I ran to get the ball. I passed it to her and looked over where a Hollow was around the corner of the school.
"Coach!" I shouted over to our coach. He looked in my direction and I ran over. "May I use the bathroom?" He nodded and I ran towards the corner of the school. I rounded the corner just as Rukia, Ichigo and Toshiro showed up.
"Karin!" Ichigo shouted over to me. "Get your boyfriend to go back and get some sleep!!"
"He's not my boyfriend!!" I shouted back. I looked at Toshiro who was behind the other two. He was breathing heavily with sweat on his face. He was pale with his sword in his hands. "Come on, Toshiro!" I shouted. "Go home and get some rest!! Your in no condition to fight!"
"I'm fine!!" he shouted back. "I've had wounds worse than this! Go back to practice! We can handle a Hollow!"
"You idiot!!" I shouted. "You can't fight!! Can't you see that?! I'm begging you, To- Captain Hitsugaya. Go back home and get some rest!!" Toshiro groaned, looking at the Hollow before he disappeared. I ran back to the soccer field and saw we were practicing a game now. Coach put me on Mira's team and we played the game for the rest of practice. At 4:00, I grabbed my things and headed for the front gate. I walked out and saw Toshiro in his Gigi leaning against the small stone wall. I smiled and walked over.
   "Practice over?" he asked. I nodded and we were about to leave when Kyoya, Keli, Rin, Yu and Mira came over.
   "Toshiro!" everyone except Mira said.
   "So this is Toshiro?" he asked. Kyoya nodded.
   "He's an amazing soccer player," Kyoya said. "You should see him in action!" Toshiro was about to answer when he put his hand on his head.
   "Toshiro?" I asked. "What's wrong?"
   "Run," he whispered and I saw masked Seji appear on the soccer field. I started running with Toshiro right behind me. Mira and the others shouted at us, but we kept running hoping Seji wouldn't follow. We ran all the way back and burst through the door. Ichigo, Rukia and Renji were in the kitchen when Toshiro collapsed on the ground.
   "What happened now?" Renji asked.
   "Seji," I said between breaths. "Ran away." I bent down and helped Renji hold Toshiro up. "We should get him back up to my room." Nobody objected and we brought him up to my room. We put him on the bed and left him to sleep. Ichigo, Rukia and Renji went into his room, closing and locking the door behind him. I sighed, walking downstairs. Just then the doorbell rang. I went to get the door and opened it.
"Where's Captain Hitsugaya?" Rangiku asked, walking inside. She was in her Gigi form and had a worried look in her face. "Is he ok? What happened?"
"Rangiku?" I asked, closing the door. "Where have you been these passed few days?"
"I was in the Soul Society," she answered. "Please tell me. Is Captain alright?"
"Yeah," I said. "He's in my room getting some rest. I'll take you up there now." I lead her upstairs and quietly opened my door. I let her inside and she sat on the stool next to Toshiro.
"Could I stay?" Rankiku asked. I nodded, shutting the door. The orange sky was shining through all the windows as I leaned against the wall next to my door. I slid down and sat against the wall, hugging my knees.
I sat there for another 20 minutes. I finally got up and went downstairs, putting my shoes on to go for a walk.
   "Where are you going?" Dad asked from the kitchen.
   "For a walk," I answered, knowing it was almost dinner time. "Why? Am I not allowed to go outside anymore?"
   "No," Dad said. "Just be careful. Oh, an stop by the Kisuke's shop on the way home. He wanted to give you something." I nodded and left. I walked towards town and saw Mira in front of a clothe store. I ran over and smiled at her.
   "Sorry about earlier," I said. "We had to get home for something."
   "No problem," Mira said. "But to make up for it, you're paying for ice cream!" She ran off towards our favorite ice cream place. I ran after her. We made it to the shop and walked inside. Just then I saw Kuri and immediately wanted to leave. Mira didn't mind, so we went over to the counter. We ordered and went over to the register. I paid and we took a seat at one of the back tables.
"So," I said, not knowing where to start.
"What's your relationship with Toshiro?" she asked.
"Nothing," I said simply. "We don't have a relationship. He's just a friend of mine I knew since grade school."
"Oh really?" she grinned at me and I sighed. "You are just like my family. I explain everything, but you still don't-" just then a explosion was heard outside. I looked and saw Seji, dragging Toshiro with him.
"No," I muttered. I ran outside, leaving a confused Mira behind me. I stood in front of Seji and he grinned at me. "Give Toshiro back!"
"If you want him, come over here and take him from me!" Seji snarled. I took a step forward when Rukia and Renji appeared in front of me.
"Leave this to us!" Rukia said. Ichigo appeared behind me and put his hand on my shoulder.
"Come on," Ichigo said. "I'll take you to Kisuke's. You can't stay here."
"But-" I looked over and saw Renji and Rukia battling Seji. I sighed and Ichigo disappeared with me. He took me to Kisuke's store and saw he was waiting outside. He had a sheathed Zanpakuto in his right hand and a cane in his left.
"Kisuke," Ichigo said, turning around. "I'm leaving Karin in your hands!" Ichigo disappeared, leaving me with Kisuke.
"I see your spiritual power has increased," Kisuke said, tipping his hat so I could see his right eye.
   "So what?" I asked, wanting to get to the point.
   "I have a present for you," he said. He pulled a sword out from in his robe and I stared at it. "This is a Zanpakuto," he started to explain.
   "I know what it is!" I snapped.
   "Ok then," he said. "It's called Mirokumaru. It's a Wind type and you can controls the wind around you. This way you can protect the ones you love." He looked at me and I glared at him.
   "It's not like that!!" I shouted, grabbing the Zanpakuto.
   "Now say your name when I point at you," he said. He took the other end of the sheath while I held the hilt. "I, Kisuke Urahara, will now give some of my powers to Karin Kurosaki. Do you agree?"
   "I, Karin Kurosaki, agree with Kisuke Urahara," I said. The blade inside the sheath started glowing and then exploded into light. When the light dimmed, I found myself wearing a Soul Reaper Shihakusho. The Zanpakuto was tied to the left of my waist.
"Well now," Kisuke said. "You look like your brother."
"Do not!!" I shouted. I groaned and then felt a sharp ping in my head. "Toshiro," I whispered, seeing a quick picture of him in my mind. I looked at Kisuke.
"You hate to go save your boyfriend," he said. I growled at him.
"He's not my boyfriend!!" I shouted at him as I started running away from his shop.
I found Toshiro by the riverside. I started running towards him, but then realized he was bleeding and could barely stand. I stopped, staring at him. He was breathing heavily with a few beads of sweat on his face. There was a person there, holding a sword and wearing a cape.
"Get away from him, Seji!!" I screamed, running over and slicing him with my sword. He jumped back and looked at me surprised.
   "Karin?" Toshiro asked, holing one of his cuts with his hand. "How are you able to hold a Zanpakuto? Who gave it to you?"
   "Ill tell you later," I said. "Don't worry about it."
   "Heh," Seji said. He sheathed his word and took his hood off, revealing a pale face, messy short blond hair and blue eyes. "Guess I'll hage to draw back for now. Until next time!" He disappeared and Toshiro and I were left alone.
   "You have so many new and reopened cuts!" I exclaimed, kneeling next to Toshiro. He gave me a grin that made him wince.
   "Don't worry about me," he said.
   Without another word, he passed out in my arms.