Day 9

"Karin?" Ichigo's voice seemed far, far away. "Karin!? Can you hear me!?" I snapped back to reality and saw everyone starting at me,
   "I'm sorry," I said. "What did you say?"
   "When was the last time you saw Toshiro?" Ichigo asked.
"This morning," I said. "I thought he went straight home after that."
"No," Renji said. "He never came back."
"Where did the Captain run off to?" Rangiku asked. "This is a big problem knowing he's hurt and I'm not with him. What a horrible Lieutenant I am." She sighed and I looked at the sky. Just then a strange feeling came to me. I pulled out one of small green pills all the Soul Reapers had and popped it in my mouth. My Gigi separated from my Soul Reaper body and I unsheathed my Zanpakuto.
"What the hell are you doing?" Ichigo asked, looking at my Soul Reaper form for the first time.
"Shut up ant watch," I said and pointed my Zanpakuto at the sky. "Oh Wind and Air, portray a picture of my loved one and send me there!!" I shouted and a circular vortex appeared. It was slowly swirling like the wind and I looked at the others, who were a little confused and concerned. "No Gigi is allowed to pass through this vortex," I explained, looking at them. They all then took their green pills and then looked back at me. "Now we just jump right through," I said and jumped inside. The air rushed around me and I landed on my feet a few moments later. I took a step forward, knowing the others were following. Rangiku came out, then Rukia, then Ichigo and finally Renji. We looked around.
"Where are we?" Rukia asked. We stood in front of a old, abandon shrine temple. A gust of wind blew as we looked at the old, rotting structures. Just then I heard a familiar scream.
"Toshiro!" I shouted and ran towards the sound.
"Karin!!" Ichigo called after me. I ran towards the back of the temple and saw Toshiro, in his Soul Reaper form, tied to a post. I couldn't see anything, but I knew a strange barrier was around him. He was conscious and stared at me and the others.
"Get out of here!!" he shouted, his voice a little muffled.
"No!!" I shouted. "I'm not leaving without you!!" I took my Zanpakuto and slashed at the barrier. Nothing happened.
"Move, Karin!!" Ichigo shouted, charging with his sword. His attack was deflected, but sparks appeared the same time his sword and the barrier made contact.
"Ichigo!!" Renji shouted.
"Yeah," Ichigo nodded.
"Bankai!!" Renji and Ichigo shouted. They got engulfed with light and were in their Bankai forms a few seconds later.
"Awesome," I muttered.
"Go now, Zabimaru!!" Renji shouted. His Bankai extended and went around the barrier. His Bankai squeezed it and tons of sparks flew everywhere. I deflected them before they hit anyone and watched Zabimaru slowly, but surely, crack the barrier. Finally, the barrier cracked open and I ran over to Toshiro.
"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed, noticing his wounds bleeding. "I knew you weren't healed yet!"
"Yes I was," Toshiro said.
"You weren't completely healed!" I said and finished uniting his ropes. He felt his wrists and unshelled his sword.
"He's coming!!" Toshiro shouted to everyone. "He's been watching this whole time!!"
"Well well," Seji said, coming out from the shadows. "Looks like the cats out of the bag. Guess I have no choice but to kill you!!"
"Why are you going after Captain!?" Rangiku shouted.
"Because he killed my brother!!" Seji shouted. We looked at him as he continued. "My brother, a skillful Soul Reaper with extraordinary skills. I was still young when he went searching for a Zanpakuto. But when he finally found one, he got killed!! Toshiro Hitsugaya, you are the person who killed him!!"
"No way," Toshiro said, his hands shaking a little. "You can't possibly be his brother. His family was assassinated! He was the only survivor!!"
"Who are you talking about, Captain!?" Rangiku asked.
"No one," he grit his teeth.
"They know of him!" Seji shouted. "In fact, I'm pretty sure Ichigo Kurosaki fought him with you, Toshiro!! The other person who had Hiyorimaru!! My older brother!!"
"Stop talking already!!" Toshiro shouted, charging at him. "I didn't kill him!! It was the council that did!! I didn't want him to die!! He was my good friend!!"
"Friend!?" Seji shouted as their swords clashed. "Kusaka died because of you!!! I will never forgive you!!!" I was confused, but knew something was going on that I missed.
   "Kusaka almost destroyed the whole Seireitei!!" Toshiro said.
   "Enough talk!!" Seji said. "Perform your Bankai or else you're not fighting seriously!!" I saw Toshiro hesitate. "Bankai!! Kokyu Ryujomaru!!!"
   "Bankai!!" Toshiro shouted. "Daiguren Hyorinmaru!!" Both of their Bankai's made the area around them explode. Ichigo appeared next to me and quickly brought me over to where the others were watching the battle unfold. Toshiro's Bankai made him half human, half ice dragon. Seji's Bankai made him have silver armor and his sword's hilt changed shape.
   "Damnit," Toshiro said, looking at four, purple petaled flowers around his Bankai. Each flower had four petals and the first one was already starting to disintegrate.
   "Come on, Toshiro!!" Seji teased. "Is that all your Bankai can do? You even have a time limit for your power. Your a disgrace for the Soul Society!!"
   "Why you," Rangiku clenched her fist, but didn't do anything because she knew it was Toshiro's battle.
   "Be quiet!!" Toshiro shouted. "You wanted to battle me in my Bankai form, then here you go!!"
   "I refuse," Seji said. "Your Bankai isn't at full potential, so I will not engage in battle. Not until you've fully matured your Bankai."
   "Why you little..." Toshiro gripped the hilt of his Zanpakuto, but then sighed. "Rangiku. Ichigo. Everyone. We'll withdraw for now!"
   "That's a good boy," Seji said and snapped his fingers. We all got transported back to the house. I looked at everyone and they seemed a little surprised about the battle. But then I saw Toshiro.
   His face was filled with hatred, sadness and guilt.